Have Y'all Noticed Hurricane Rita Heading Your Way...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha:
Rick we see it that way too. We're still here sticking it out. I'm still praying to get out of IAH..Saturday or Monday.

I gotta say, look at your priorities. Sticking it out in a town barely above sea level is not the way to go. This thing is huge and it looks like it almost certainly will slam Houston. If it makes landfall as a cat 5, it'll be the 4th such storm in history. There's zero chance you're flying out of Houston on Saturday unless something extraordinary happens. Saturday morning, Galveston/Houston will most likely look like a bomb exploded.

I just hate to hear people blowing it off for reasons such as a dive trip (as important as dive trips are). Hindsight is 20/20, right, and look what happened to so many people unfortunate enough to stay in NO for the much smaller Katrina.

Get inland. Get out. Bonaire will be there. I think we'd all hate to hear something happen to any member of this board because they didn't get out when they could have.

There's no way IAH will be open Saturday...unless this thing does a U-turn or something.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's said with concern for your well-being. I'm not sure, even though Katrina happened 3 weeks ago, that people understand how big this new storm is. Go read about Galveston in 1900...8000-12000 dead...from a Cat 4 storm. It's a terrifying thought and coastal Texas is *not* the place to be in a big hurricane.

Best wishes to all of you who are there (and GETTING OUT) :)

Natasha:
Rick we see it that way too. We're still here sticking it out. I'm still praying to get out of IAH..Saturday or Monday.
You might have a chance of getting out of DFW - Houston aiports will be busy when open with relief. You should be on the road alredady.

I'm watching live news feed: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=hurricanes&id=3464255 Bush has declared this "National Interest" so he can move even without govornor's request, even tho they're good buddies.

Did I hear about 40 foot waves in the Gulf? I am not sure. Here is the evac map, all colored areas need to evac....
Hurricane_Evacuation_Map_8x11a3.gif

I have changed my flight to leave Houston on Tuesday. Should all be up and running again by then. Thank you everyone.

What does "Humuhumunukunukuapua'a" stand for? Your name is so long it pushes the screen all the way to the right. Just wondering what it means...... "impressive"?

Is it his name or Don's Map that does it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom