Have Y'all Noticed Hurricane Rita Heading Your Way...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha:
I'm sticking it out. I have hopes of getting on my plane to Bonaire from IAH on Saturday. I'll take any prayers I can get. I'm 27 miles north of Galveston.

Natasha, have you called the airline to see about alternate arrangements? They tend to be pretty liberal in these types of situations.

Natasha:
I'm sticking it out. I have hopes of getting on my plane to Bonaire from IAH on Saturday. I'll take any prayers I can get. I'm 27 miles north of Galveston.

I think you're going to need more than prayers Natasha; no ofense, but you might want to consider leaving out of DFW instead. If there's one thing we Floridians know well is hurricanes, and it's not just, "ok, hurricane is gone, life is back to normal." it's the aftermath that usually does more people in than the storm itself.

Natasha:
If the storm tracks where they now have it forecast, at the intensity it is forecast to be when it hits the coast, you do not want to be there.
And if it tracks where it is now forecast, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hades that there will be any commercial traffic out of IAH on Saturday. Or Sunday or Monday.
Please leave. If I'm wrong you can cuss me all day Saturday; if I'm right you do not want to be there.
Love,
Rick

well i have some real bad timing for scheduling for work. Im scheduled to work all weekend at the restraunt (friday PM, AM, PM sat and sun) and with this storm it looks like i might not make it home if this storm is in dallas at that time. (thank goodness for friends near work). needless to say im putting together a bag so that i can be away from home for a couple days if the weather is bad in dallas.

if anyone from houston is coming north and is a member of AAA i over heard that there was a assistance line that could tell people on places where they could stay in the dallas area and points West, North or South.

FWIW

Tooth

Ugh...it is going to be nasty! I am boarding up the windows in the morning and sending the wife and kids to stay with her parents. As for me I am on alert status with both the hospital and the county EMS service I work with. (Course the hospital comes first...gotta follow the money) I was looking at the IR Radar a few minutes ago and this storm is MASSIVE. Anyone living SE of the 610 loop...get out! I am praying that my house which is 24 miles due west of downtown Houston (75 miles from the Galveston coastline) is far enough inland not to get any major damage. Everyone be safe and remenber, EMS will not operate until after the storm passes enough that the winds drop below 45 mph.

I just heard on the news that all the hotel rooms are booked in Amarillo....just 600miles to the north west. But the Civic Center is still set up from Katrina...Y'all come on up!

Joe

Picked up my stepdaughter. Thank god. She said the local pharmacy and grocery strpe shelves were cleared out, and gas stations were out of gas. She lives in Sugarland. Let's the pray the rest of our family and friends get out now.

scubajoe:
I just heard on the news that all the hotel rooms are booked in Amarillo....just 600miles to the north west. But the Civic Center is still set up from Katrina...Y'all come on up!

Joe
And Lubbock is ready for evacuees. Be sure to tell us you're coming and how to find you so we can bring some beer. :happy:

blueeyes_austin:
Natasha, have you called the airline to see about alternate arrangements? They tend to be pretty liberal in these types of situations.

Yes, I have talked to the airlines several times today. ( I have been a travel agent since 1989) I'm on an awards ticket which complicates things. As of right now, I can use it for Monday if I'm willing to cancel Saturday. I'm going to make the decision later today. :)

Back
Top Bottom