Has anybody dove wearing one of these watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0002s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Timex T2N810 (or T2N809)

How accurate did you find it compared to your dive computer?

Indiglo easy to read in low light or dark?

Any issue with the band?

Pros/Cons?

With your experience, would you give as a gift to a gadget minded diver?

Thanks in advance.

t2n810-2.jpg

Last edited:
If your friend already has a dive computer, then a watch may not be useful.

My experience is cheap watches (i.e. Casio's) are preferable 'cause I always manage to break the glass eventually.

Band pins can fail, so a velcro strap through both pins is more practical. That way one pin can fail and you don't lose the watch.

If they specifically want one, go for it, otherwise...

I have a Citizen Eco Drive with a depth gauge. I like it a lot. This one is similar but has a thermometer on it as well at about half of what I paid for the Citizen. I think I would get one if I didn't already have the Citizen.

My friend likes to wear a watch and likes gadgets. This watch is $100, so it's cheap as a dive gadget gift goes.

I'm wondering how accurate the depth gauge and temp gauge are. Based on the specs it takes a depth measurement every 5 seconds so it limited in that respect. It does have a max depth min temp save feature. It's listed at 200m WR so it should hold up to rec depths. Mineral crystal so it will take its knocks till its busts.

I am also wondering if anybody who uses one has had issues.

I don't want to give a gift that has a know problem or is inaccurate and frustrates.

As dive watches goes it looks good. I'm just looking for a unique dive watch for a gift. There are pleanty of Casio / Citizen / Sekio watches that would also fit the bill, but they aren't unique.

I think that the days of diving with a watch to track bottom time are fading away, the reason to get this person a watch is so that when they are not diving, they will feel like the are a diver!

Rolex still makes a big deal in their print ads about the accuracy of their submariner, and how celebrity divers wear them when they need the best. Of course, the entry level watch in that brand costs about ten times what a Petrel costs, and about 40 times what an entry level dive computer costs, and it's timekeeping will be nowhere near as accurate as either of these options. So if you REALLY want to give a nice gift, an $8,000 Rolex will show how much you care... :)

I wear my dive watch on the surface, would never take it diving, don't see the point, since I use a dive computer.

Also, water resistant and waterproof are two different things. I doubt that watch would function at 200 meters.

Mike, I'd agree with you that DCs are by far the norm. I'd also agree that most people wear a 'dive watch' for various reason other than diving.

But, people still wear a watch while diving for no other reason that they wear a watch everyday.

I wear a watch ever time I'm in the water.

I'm positive my friend wouldn't function at 200m either

Last edited:
I have a Tissot Sea Star which I wear while diving only because I never take it off - its water resistant to 30bar/300m/1000' :) A big face and easy to read - also pretty indestructible - not a scratch om the glass after 3 years of hard use

Interesting Tissot make the Sea touch with dive mode including depth gauge, compass and temp. 1st page of the user manual states not to be used for scuba diving (even though the manual has a picture of a scuba diver) it has a max "dive time" recording of 3 minutes LOL

Of course I have a dive computer for actual diving :)

as I just bought a watch I can dive with, I am interested in feedback on this one...alas as is the case more often then not, nobody who posted so far can report on it. I will keep watching hoping for an actual review.

Back
Top Bottom