Hardest part of DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting back into the 39 degree water while our gear froze between dives. Remeber those days Brando?

Brian Gilpin:
What was the hardest thing about your DIR-F

d33ps1x:
Trying not to pull a muscle while laughing at myself on video.

Trying not to pull a muscle while laughing at d33ps1x on video! :D

The hardest part was trying to stay away from Tom and his camera! I swear that wasn't me doing a swan dive!

Trying to keep my head up and back to maintain a prone body position when all I wanted to do was hang my head low in shame :)

For me it was reconciling the idea that for 8 years what I thought was decent diving was actually really bad. Just when you think that your buoyancy is good, you are shown how good it can be. That's OK though, PDD (Post DIR-F Depression) usually only last a few days and then the more you get in the water and practice, the better you get.

Actually, I was pretty envious of the people in the class that had less bottom time than me. They had fewer bad habits to unlearn and they were being tough the correct way to do these propulsion techniques from the start. Trying to unlearn then relearn the Frog Kick wasn't as easy as I thought it would be :)

If you go with an open mind and a promise to be honest with yourself, it's actually a really fun class and you learn tons. Tons of stuff that you should have learned from the start.

-Frank

scuba-punk:
Trying to keep my head up and back to maintain a prone body position when all I wanted to do was hang my head low in shame :)

For me it was reconciling the idea that for 8 years what I thought was decent diving was actually really bad. Just when you think that your buoyancy is good, you are shown how good it can be. That's OK though, PDD (Post DIR-F Depression) usually only last a few days and then the more you get in the water and practice, the better you get.

Actually, I was pretty envious of the people in the class that had less bottom time than me. They had fewer bad habits to unlearn and they were being tough the correct way to do these propulsion techniques from the start. Trying to unlearn then relearn the Frog Kick wasn't as easy as I thought it would be :)

If you go with an open mind and a promise to be honest with yourself, it's actually a really fun class and you learn tons. Tons of stuff that you should have learned from the start.

-Frank

Frank ... you wrote my response!

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom