Hardest part of DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think of the Fundamentals class like a big 'ol can of Bactine (aerosol spray of course). It may sting like crazy, but it's only for a little bit, and it makes bad things go away quickly. :)

-Frank

Back kick, BACK KICK, BACK KICK!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
Of course, watching the videos and seeing myself trying to imitate fish fins with my hands was hard too! :wink:

I found my DIR-F class to be very easy and not challenging at all. In fact, after seeing my skills in the water, Mike and Tamara were actually taking notes and had me teach the rest of the class. I've since seen a dramatic improvement in Mike's skills and I think he's starting to come along nicely; and someday I think he'll make a real great instructor. Right Mike? :D

boomx5:
I found my DIR-F class to be very easy and not challenging at all. In fact, after seeing my skills in the water, Mike and Tamara were actually taking notes and had me teach the rest of the class. I've since seen a dramatic improvement in Mike's skills and I think he's starting to come along nicely; and someday I think he'll make a real great instructor. Right Mike? :D

Good one Scott.

Back Kick

Back kick.

3 minute ascent/descent drills while airsharing.

The 5 hour drive from the St. Lawrence back to Boston Sunday night, arriving home at midnight.......

The hardest part for me was showing up for the second day. Sure enough I got yelled at that day too. Thank goodness Boomx5 was less than diligent in catching my really embarassing moments on film.He just got the humiliating scenes.

Laser:
Waiting to get my mask back.
Ugh... not only waiting to get the mask back, but watching the video and seeing RJ having to chase me down every time as I went towards the surface while my mask was off.

I did DIR-f when I was still a real n00b diver, which was nice. I knew I sucked and looked forward to the challenges and the learning opportunity the course would present. I was, as I have posted before, somewhat disappointed that I did as well as I did that weekend, all things considered (I wasn't great or anything, don't get me wrong here!). I was expecting to get hammered and it really didn't happen, at least not to the extent I had expected it to. I still hate mask removal and replacement, though.
11.gif

Oh, and I agree with an earlier poster about practicing the kicks on the picnic table. I was ready for that tourture to end after a couple minutes!

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom