Hard Sole Booties for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undercbon:
These are exactly what I have!

Aren't they great?!?! Roger and I both have a pair, but unluckily they don't fit in Roger's White Stags. I found that my foot fits more firmly in the fin pocket and I now have more force with less strain...hardly any cramps anymore :D

Justleesa - nice to see you on this side of the board!

Thank you :blush: maybe this'll be my first step and I'll make it all the way to Bonaire someday. :)

The Pararescue guys in the Philippines had shoes that looked a lot like the Converse All Stars but were olive drab. They had drain holes and worked very well as dive boots and land boots. I haven't been able to find a pair.

Kids who would spearfish on snorkel used all-stars with a piece of plywood or s strip of rubber from an old tire nailed to them for fins.

The River Boots are great shoes for Bonaire but a little unhandy getting on and off with all the laces. The company claims that special forces people wear them. Once on, they are like hiking boots and protect your feet from sharp stuff and your ankles from twisting and are thus worth the trouble.

I think that the all-stars would be a very good deal too and am thinking of trying a pair.

ajames54:
I was pleasantly surprised to find my Chuck Taylor All-Stars work really well as dive booties..

But then again I also climbed Mout Fuji wearing a pair..

justleesa:
maybe they mean something like these. They have much thicker soles then the run of the mill booties. I have these and they give great support!

Another vote for that sole. My GF and I got the Stealth (same sole, thicker neoprene) for our Bonaire trip, and really like them.

I wear a thin pair of seamless polypropalene socks under mine. Otherwise, there was a boot seam which I could feel. Much better, when making lots of dives in a week.

Lisa, Susan, those are the booties I have except they are the "high tops." I had the softer soled booties, and they got religion (became holey) so needed to buy another pair for local diving, and for Bonaire diving. I opted for the Seasoft, and I can tell you that I was a LOT more sure in my footing this last trip...I only fell ONCE...lol! Whereas with the softer soled booties, my footing wasn't as stable. I'm also short, my husband still uses the softer soled booties and does, so maybe it's a size thing:wink:

Those SeaSoft Stealths look like just the ticket. The booties we have are none to supportive on rocky entries here at home either.

Now to see if they have a dealer anywhere around, otherwise it may be mailorder roulette.

I know that the LDS carries some that are in between in rigidity and even that would be a step up. (no pun intended) :)

Thanks for the tips.

Pete

Spectrum,

I picked up my SeaSoft Sunrays from www.unrealfind.com just before my Bonaire & Statia trip last Thanksgiving. I was very pleased with their performance for shore diving, versus my Mares hard-soled (avanti?) booties I used on my 2004 Bonaire & Curacao trip.

I'm taking my Sunrays to Curacao for another workout next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom