Halloween Get Together - Canceled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're using travel gas, what kind of depths are these wrecks at? I'm assuming your going to be switching to a hypoxic trimix blend, which would imply going below 200ft? Or are there other uses for a travel gas?

just curious ...

Tim

The depth at very bottom of the Sea Tiger is 123'...there is nothing really there but sand...I have gone off from the stern to look for the anchors and it is a good distance before you hit anything else but sand...

kidspot:
If you're using travel gas, what kind of depths are these wrecks at? I'm assuming your going to be switching to a hypoxic trimix blend, which would imply going below 200ft? Or are there other uses for a travel gas?

just curious ...

Tim

In this case it would really just be contigency plan, in case anythign goes wrong in the wreck...you have gas waiting for you. In this case it would be air, you could do nitrox but really just a waste in this case.

ok - so it's more a stage bottle/redundant air supply then? That makes a lot more sense for this type of dive...

Curiosity satisfied... for a few minutes anyway :wink:

Aloha, Tim

I think we have one or two somewhere...I'll let you know

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

OK, getting a list started. Please let me know which day suits you best (or if it doesn't matter to you which day we go let me know that too) and how many people are in your group. I am sure a non diver can come along but they will have to pay the same as a diver as we are going for a per person price.

As we have divers that have voiced a spending limit it will mean that once you are on the list and we have reserved the boat - it is a binding agreement and you have to pay if you show or don't*. I hope this sounds fair. If you have a problem with it let me know.

Aloha,
Lisa

*If, for any reason you can't, it would also be ok if you find a replacement.

If we don't fill the boat with just us, do we still have to pay for the entire boat? Depending on how many people we have can't we just book the boat for our # and pay club diver prices? We only pay $40 for a two tank dive on our club dives. I hate to commit and have to pay alot. A two tank regular dive is $55 for me (and even less on some boats) so I hate to pay a lot. It would be only myself for this dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom