Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if Halycon has gotten some springs that are too stiff or out of spec?

The G250(V) and Halo should free flow with the Venturi at Max and not free flow with the Venturi at Min. Tjere should be no difficulty with the correct parts to have a cracking effort of 1.1 or 1.2 inches. Some will set stable around 1.0 inches.

I am not home now, actually just came back in from a night dive so do not have my manuals. But set the darn IP per spec for the first stage and quit dinking with it. The spring rate for the G250/G250V and Halo are specified by engineering assuming an IP that is within specification for the (compatible) first stage. Try to stay to the higher end of that IP+/- range.

A bad second stage orifice (or seat) can cause a high cracking effort due to having to crank in on the orifice setting to get the stage to quit leaking. Which can also result in a low lever.

This week I haven't had my regs at home and no progress is done so far, but I'll review everything as soon I can put my hand o them.

I'd say it's a poppet issue... like wrong lubricant or too much friction... I'll investigate further.

G250V will almost never free flow as opposed to a G250 which will blow your teeth out.

Interesting... I actually would prefer the regulators basically never free flow so I might consider that a pro, assuming the inhalation is effort is low.

I've found with some regulators (other regular g250s) I feel like they were inflating me, I'd go to take a normal breath and then get air shoved down my throat which I felt like interrupted my normal breathing cycle

A bad second stage orifice (or seat) can cause a high cracking effort due to having to crank in on the orifice setting to get the stage to quit leaking. Which can also result in a low lever.

I suspect that is what was happening on at least 1 of them which is why I sent them out to get serviced.

Interesting... I actually would prefer the regulators basically never free flow so I might consider that a pro, assuming the inhalation is effort is low.

I've found with some regulators (other regular g250s) I feel like they were inflating me, I'd go to take a normal breath and then get air shoved down my throat which I felt like interrupted my normal breathing cycle

I suspect that is what was happening on at least 1 of them which is why I sent them out to get serviced.
The service manual for the G250, G250V and G260 require the regulator to free flow when the purge is depressed with the Venturi at Max and not free flow with the Venturi at Min. JFYI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom