Halcyon Cinch - Plate Alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They just got a bunch of the Halcyons at the aquarium where I volunteer. I'm not impressed with the cinch. It is much more difficult to adjust than my Agir Harpa sliders or Tobins. Also SubGravity just came out with sliders for any plate at only $20 each. I plan to pick up a couple of them. You can't beat their quality and they don't charge a premium for putting a big H on their stuff.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Had a look at the subgravity sliders, look nice, shame about the international freight costs, $21.41 is cheapest freight for one slider. Out of curiosity in the US would such an item be allowed to be put in an envelope and posted? I'm guessing such a method would only cost a few dollars in shipping? I'd quite to get one as getting in and out of my harness with dump valve, dryglove rings etc can be a bit trying at times. Although not super keen to pay $41.42 for one.

Looked at the AGIR Harpa but apparently require modification to use with the 6mm plate, they font actually say what the modification is but assume it's related the the plate thickness

They look to be copies of the sliders Kent Tooling in the UK used to manufacture and sell.

---------- Post added March 19th, 2015 at 07:44 AM ----------

Pair of Backplate Rollers (Winch System)

Looks likes still do.

Last edited:
If the dealer was willing to do it they could put one in a smaller padded mailer. Based on my experience shipping to that region I'm guessing that postage would be around 8 bucks tops. If it's really light it might be closer to 4 or 5.

Yes, DSS do it and it's appreciated. Just dummying an account with KT to see what their freight is. UK shipping fees are often easier to swallow than the U.S. In some cases eg SeaSkin, significantly cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom