Hair Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had long hair all the way down my back and when I could not take my mask off and put it back on to clear it I had decided it was time to go to shoulder length hair so I did. I can do all the skills now and Am enjoying diving much more. I had 11 inches cut off, and I had long hair for over 15 years.

I have it all sorted out now - I tie my hair in a high pony tail, securing it several times down the length of the tail and also use a slap strap. It's perfect, never have any tangling or ripping out of hair probs any more!

Thanks for all your advice.
:)

off topic i know but dont u hate that after dive -dive hair, wooohoo for conditnor right after

yes, hate that 'after-dive' hair, unless I remember to put in the conditioner before.

We get this stuff called "Sun & Swim" which is a conditioning creme that you can leave in your hair while you dive or swim and it's (apparently) environmentally friendly. I'm sure you have similar stuff in the US. THis stuff comes from UK. It's really good and smells great! :p

I too have long hair but it is layered so pony tail or braids won't work for me. I've never tried conditioner before the dive but will have to try that next time. I have one of the cloth straps for my mask and there is no other way to go. No more pulling my hair out from the strap. After the dive I carry a spray mist conditioner that detangles my hair,comb it out and apply a hat.
Ldreamin

Well, my daughter was supposed to cut just a few inches and decided that a few more wouldn't hurt! So, I guess you could say that I still have long hair, but it's shoulder blade length instead of almost waist length. I used a couple of bands spaced about 2 to 3 inches, and since I have a new mask called the ProEar 2000 which has a great strap, I didn't have any strap tangling problem. The strap is very wide and flexible. Maybe the company will sell straps. It would be well worth it! But the mask and ear protectors are great also. I'm going to look into that "Sun & Swim" though. Sounds like a good idea.
Thanks, and good luck,
Dawn

hey alison!!

My hair is long, so I pony tail and braid it. This works well unless my pony tail is coming apart, then it gets in the thingis and it is painful. try doing the pony tail, really tight before the dive.

I have some friends who wear a bandana, then the mask. I think this looks really cute.

good luck

ali

Hey Ali (from Ali :))

You're right about the tight pony tail, but I've actually cut my hair to shoulder length since I last posted and I use a 'slap' strap (still trying to work out why it's called that!) which works wonders. Also putting in conditioning before and during surface interval keeps the tangles out. The definite plus is the slap strap which keeps the hair from getting wrapped around the buckles.

:)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...
Oh, this just reminds me again of how good it is to be an army guy...
CTHD, 671 posts? Does your dad khnow what you do all day on his time? :wink:
Bye ladies, good luck with the hair...ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom