HA! Nice "pricematch" policy, Leisure Pro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volyblmn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I inquired about the pricematch policy at LeisurePro.com, particularly about a HP X7-100 tank I saw advertised cheaper at another site. LeisurePro says they will beat that price by 5%. Ok, so the math seems simple...

LeisurePro original price: $345 with free shipping
Competitor's price: $329.95
Pricematch with 5% discount = $313 and change

After they told me the discounted price, I asked to verify whether or not it still included free shipping. They said "No, shipping will be $45." What?! So now the math is: "Pricematch" with 5% discount = $313 + $45 shipping = $348. Isn't that more expensive than LeisurePro's original price to begin with? Seems like a *****ty business practice to advertise a pricematch if you can't even beat your own original price... :shakehead

That's interesting and represents a good deal for the local cash & carry customer.

Was the $329.95 competitor offering free shipping? I know you were hoping for the best of both worlds but in a price match scenario I am OK with them making an apples to apples offer.

Pete

When they price match, they are taking a financial hit.
When they provide free shipping, they are taking a financial hit.
One cannot really expect a company to take a double hit in the wallet.

(Plus, when you pay the shipping, you're not technically paying Leisurepro, you're paying UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS/etc.)

yeah....I agree with pete...but 358 vs 345...come on........that is a middle finger, if you ask me.

umm, why are we posting nasty's about LP.

Can't we just move on, keep this suff to ourselves and vow never to do business with LP,again, only allowing the rest of us to learn for ourselves?

I appreciate the laugh and all, but...I don't know. Has LP visited this website, at all?

ohh...plz post the following from each of the two vendors:

LP price = 345 before taxes
LP taxes = ?
LP shipping = 0

LP2-pricematch = 313 before taxes
LP2-pricematch taxes = ?
LP2-pricematch shipping = 45

Competitor price before taxes = 330 before taxes
Competitor taxes = ?
Competitor shipping = ?

until you tell us the above, you have not proven to us that LP are truly mean or too dumb to add, and LP can come back swinging.

and....when was the last time that 313+45 = 348?????:11:

better provide us the numbers, and let us crank out the math forya:D

**feel free to tell me where to go**

There's no such thing as "free" shipping. That's just a gimmick. Somebody is paying for it.

You can list an item for $300 and charge $50 shipping, or list an item for $350 and claim free shipping. No matter how you divide it up, the only number that matters for true cost comparison is the final bottom-line price.

If LP didn't account for stuff like that a competitor could hurt them pretty bad by offering tanks for $1 and charging $349 for shipping.

ReefHound:
There's no such thing as "free" shipping. That's just a gimmick. Somebody is paying for it.

You can list an item for $300 and charge $50 shipping, or list an item for $350 and claim free shipping. No matter how you divide it up, the only number that matters for true cost comparison is the final bottom-line price.

If LP didn't account for stuff like that a competitor could hurt them pretty bad by offering tanks for $1 and charging $349 for shipping.

oooh....even better example....I could not have said it better myself....concise and to the point!!!:D

DIvers Direct has a Faber HP-100 on sale right now for $249. It includes free shipping if ordered by April 13th.... which in the Eastern Time zone gives you about 35 minutes left to order!

Why pay $329 or $345 for a Worthington plus shipping?

The point of my post was not to bash LP -- it was to question why they would jack up the cost of an item with shipping after "beating" the competitor's price and then at the same time making the pricematch more expensive than LP's own price to start with. It felt more like an "up-yours" than a "we'd like your business"...

To be honest, I wasn't expecting them to stick with the free shipping part of the deal (that's not to say I wasn't hoping...) but I also didn't expect the numbers I saw.

And AXL -- I'll pay closer attention to my math when you play closer attention to your grammar. :mooner: ('tis all in good fun)

just fill in the question marks will ya, and be done with it:D

my engrish is off the chain

ohhh, and I am the whipping boy for the summer in another thread:wink:

I heard a story about a guy who published an ad for five fishing lures for five dollars, free shipping. No takers. He then changed the ad to five lures for one dollar, five dollars shipping. It's now called Cabela's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom