HA! Nice "pricematch" policy, Leisure Pro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kind of like scubaboard....

free sticker...but $1 shipping:D

sawry...the voices in my head again.

sambolino44:
OK, I just looked it up on the Wikipedia. The first ad was 12 lures for 1 buck. The second ad was 5 lures FREE! 25 cents postage.

I wouldn't trust anything Wikipedia says.... Anyone can edit that with any 'urban legend' they want since it allows anyone to edit their webpages.

I've seen some real false and biased stuff on there.

volyblmn:
So I inquired about the pricematch policy at LeisurePro.com, particularly about a HP X7-100 tank I saw advertised cheaper at another site. LeisurePro says they will beat that price by 5%. Ok, so the math seems simple...

LeisurePro original price: $345 with free shipping
Competitor's price: $329.95
Pricematch with 5% discount = $313 and change

After they told me the discounted price, I asked to verify whether or not it still included free shipping. They said "No, shipping will be $45." What?! So now the math is: "Pricematch" with 5% discount = $313 + $45 shipping = $348. Isn't that more expensive than LeisurePro's original price to begin with? Seems like a *****ty business practice to advertise a pricematch if you can't even beat your own original price... :shakehead

You must realize what/who you're dealing with........

Like ebay people. You buy a Sticker or something else for $1 but they charge $24.99 for shipping!!!!!

After they told me the discounted price, I asked to verify whether or not it still included free shipping. They said "No, shipping will be $45." What?! So now the math is: "Pricematch" with 5% discount = $313 + $45 shipping = $348. [/QUOTE]

Note - Best Price Guarantee +5% Terms & Conditions -

We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what's listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.

The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by LeisurePro, including the following: Brand, Model, Size, Color, etc.

The product must be in stock at both Leisure Pros and at the other seller at time of request.

We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.

Offer not valid on past purchases.

ReefHound:
There's no such thing as "free" shipping. That's just a gimmick. Somebody is paying for it.

You can list an item for $300 and charge $50 shipping, or list an item for $350 and claim free shipping. No matter how you divide it up, the only number that matters for true cost comparison is the final bottom-line price.

If LP didn't account for stuff like that a competitor could hurt them pretty bad by offering tanks for $1 and charging $349 for shipping.

I worked for a company that installed audio equipment in autos when I first got out of the Navy. They ran a special with a similar slant.
They offered a free T-shirt w/purchase of special: AM/FM/Cassett, installed for $99.95, lifetime warranty on labor. When they had few takers, they changed the add to: Free stereo w/ purchase of T-shirt. Customers inquired about cost of T-shirt; $99.95 they actually took 'em up! Go figure.
:confused:

diver 85:
You must realize what/who you're dealing with........

What is THAT supposed to mean? As was noted, there was no mention whether the competitor offered free shipping; So, if not, why should Leisure Pro? Their price is WITH shipping included (not free shipping as was so astutely noted). If you prefer the other price, then you have to take what comes with it (a shipping charge)...I've gotten some great deals from LP and, in fact, made it into their NYC location more than a few times (since I lived in Manhattan). In the end, I always shop around. However, I always found good prices, good service and nice people at LP.

What is THAT supposed to mean?

...hey, I'll take a stab at that. They are probably some of the best merchants in the world, which is why they can offer great prices in the first place. It's also why they get a lot of wrath from those who can't compete because they don't get up early enough or forget to eat their Wheaties. If they start selling something else I need on-line, I'm there, cause I'm betting it would be a good deal.

and chances are, they are smarter than me. lol.

...stated like a true Spartan...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom