GUE Cave 1 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I think someone should have taught this guy proper trim he drops knee's way to much and rocks up and down every time he kicks. Think he should have spent more time in the cavern zone. My instructor would have never even let me in the cave if I looked like that.:( His fins are all over the place. Its one thing being new and diving Ginnie but Peacock has no flow. I would have thought a GUE Instructor would have made the guy be bang up before letting him into a cave, maybe she didnt know how bad he was. I dont think they should have dove Telford either being a small dirty cave. I'm harder on myself then what I'm being towards this guy so please this is just my opinion. Video was well shot and edited but Dee this is not what a cave diver looks like. If you think I'm terrible for voicing what I really feel, I'm sorry, dont mean to offend any one, just think he needs alot of work.

I am a beginner took cave 3 weeks ago and I live in NY. I practiced my skills every weekend in 36 degree water for a year to get ready for my cave class. So what I'm saying is this guy isnt ready for cave and this is coming from a newbie cave diver. I agree everyone has to start somewhere but it shouldnt be in a fragile enviroment.

scubanarc once bubbled...
Personally I think someone should have taught this guy proper trim he drops knee's way to much and rocks up and down every time he kicks. ..... I dont think they should have dove Telford either being a small dirty cave.

Being new to diving I'm not sure what you are talking about. But if they dived Telford which you say is a dirty cave, if he was so bad why did he not silt up? From my point of view there were a few things I could spot but nothing that look horrible. That just a newbie opinion though. :) Please point out what I am missing.

So you didnt make me feel like I was off my rocker I went back and re-watched the video. Within the first 30 sec. of the first dive he kicked the floor and the camera turned real quick. So you couldnt see any silt and 5 seconds later he kicks the floor again and silts it out right before entering the cave. There was a few times later on in the vid that he did it again. Watch it again maybe I am off my rocker but I swear I saw it.

scubanarc once bubbled...
So you couldnt see any silt and 5 seconds later he kicks the floor again and silts it out right before entering the cave.

You're not off your rocker. He did indeed kick up the bottom just before entering the cave.

Does anyone know what canister that guy was using? the stainless one? Pretty slick....

Willer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom