Group buy-109/BA diaphragm covers & exhaust tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigh, another Santa Cruz hippie..... :D

Pink, with Hello Kitty - shaped holes is the only way to go.....

Runs for cover...... :rofl3:

Black, square or round holes, its all good :wink:

Best wishes.

Regarding the exhaust Tee, shall we stay with the standard 25mm/1" round hole that's a bear to fit, or shall we go for something a bit more comfortable?

Here's the mesurements of one of mines, in mm.

Attachments

• 109-T-s+quotes2.jpg
    109-T-s+quotes2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 140
Regarding the exhaust Tee, shall we stay with the standard 25mm/1" round hole that's a bear to fit, or shall we go for something a bit more comfortable?

Hole size may also be a function of the elasticity and strength of the material used.

+1 for a bigger hole.

Remember, the exhaust valve is about 26mm so where that exhaust tee connector meets the case it is round and about 27-28mm. If you goo too big, it is not going to fit firmly once installed.

Seems better to have the exhaust tee a tight fit and a bit difficult to put on, vs increased chance that it could be removed by accident! I recently lost the exhaust tee from my 109 at the end of a dive, and did not notice til back on the boat and it was too late to recover it. Something to think about...

It could have had the size mentioned by Zung, not sure. It certainly was much easier to install than others I have had, but I learned the hard way that easy on can also mean easy off. I'm even considering adding a pin to hold the tee in place once I get a replacement.

I had the same experience as Kupu. I don't take the tees off too often.

Count me in for 5/5.

I'm watching this carefully. I am about to attempt to "un-mothball" my gear from an 8+ year absence some time in the next few months. In the crates somewhere are 3 109s. I also am taking delivery of another one in the next few days. A condition assessment is the next step. Likely I might need something.....

What is the realistic timing of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom