Group buy-109/BA diaphragm covers & exhaust tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Gang,

While our MK 5 swivel retainer order is being sorted, I think it might be a good time to consider another item. I have tried to contact a couple of SP shops to see if any were interested in placing a bulk order for our group for 109/BA diaphragm covers and exhaust tees, but no takers. In the meantime, someone here on this board (I think he'll chime in later) has contacted me with information that his company may be able to produce aftermarket versions. So, as we did in the retainer thread, how many of each might you be interested in? (I know, it would be better to have a price up front, but we don't have that yet....for now, I'm assuming around $15 US each. If one of you can find a price at your LDS to give us a better idea of what the retail price is, that would be helpful.

Diaphragm covers /Exhaust tee

Couv 5 /5

I am in good shape but the last time I bought them, almost 2 years ago, I paid $12 for covers and $14 for exhaust-tees.

Hi Guys, I'm the one with the connections to get short run moulded parts manufactured. I will be able to get a better idea of price, if I have a rough idea of how many parts are needed, so anyone interested, please chime in and let me know.

Couv has offered to send me some sample parts to work from, as the only ones I have access to are rather old and not in very good shape. As for the parts themselves, the likely hood of us being able to do a short run production of the exhaust tees is slim, as a mould for the exhaust tees would require slides and the added complexity, would raise the price significantly.

The diaphragm cover on the other hand, should be a pretty straight forward open-shut mould, and given the small size of the part, we can build a set of inserts for an existing mould base and run the parts in house.

As it stands right now, I will be working on an estimated cost before we begin anything else, so like I said, total numbers would be a big help.

Jim

I'm out on this one, I've never had problems getting them from a dealer, and I don't need any at the moment. I admire your dedication, though!

I do have one of each, new, if you need current models.

But I suspect, once an order size starts to take shape, we should be able to find a shop that would like the easy $200 to $400 profit I think this order will make. And if you really got ambitious and covered a few other in demand parts like levers, springs, duro and S-wing poppets, balance chambers, and kits, I think you might be looking at $1000 or more profit for some accommodating shop.

I need 2 covers....and no local Scubapro sources.

It would be helpful if you could do a few estimates based on run scenarious (10, 20, 50, 100, 200).

There are at least 4 different flavors of purge covers over the years. Can we have a vote about which one is preferred? I like the latest one with the square holes because I have none, and could be tempted for 2 if the price is right.

db_Balanced_Adjustable_BKnob1.jpg

If exhaust tees could be arranged, I would go for 2 or 3 depending on price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom