Group buy-109/BA diaphragm covers & exhaust tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blee017 & =C= please check your PMs.

well I got my package. I was pretty disappointed when I looked at the exhaust tee. The old one was soft and rotted and falls off on the boat all the time. I have no idea how i have not lost it in the water.

When I looked at the old exhaust tee hole and the size of the metal flange on the regulator it was obvious to me that they were incompatible. the hole in the rubber was just way too small.

I thought there is no way that I am sending this back, so I m just going to ruin it by trying to assemble it. I break a lot of stuff....

I put the tee in a bowl of water, microwaved it to about boiling, squirted some dish soap on it and held it with a towel as I abused it....son of a bitch.. it popped on perfectly! There is no way i thought it would fit, even with softening it in very hot water.

Now I have to disassemble my second stage to replace the other rubber piece, right now it is held together with safety wire because I lost a screw...maybe I will wait until I really need to repalce that part..

Now I have to disassemble my second stage to replace the other rubber piece, right now it is held together with safety wire because I lost a screw....

Don't waste that wire. Maybe you could use it on a loaf of bread.

.....well rats DD, I have about 100 #4-40 ss allen head screws. They're a little longer than necessary, but they do the trick. For a nominal fee I could have put a few in your package.

Yeah....boil the Tee for a couple of minutes, put a little liquid dish soap on the flange and it goes on easily. Oven mitts help if you're a wimp like me. I use safety wire to hold my spring straps on, so don't throw it away, I might need it some day.

Gurus please look the other way while I pass on a piece of heresy: I boil the Tee, fit it on one side (long/lateral side), poke a rather large and dull flat screw driver through the exhaust opening on the other side, jam the tip in the round opening of the Tee and use it as a lever to stretch the hole. And yes, there's a possibility you'll scratch something.

Gurus please look the other way while I pass on a piece of heresy: I boil the Tee, fit it on one side (long/lateral side), poke a rather large and dull flat screw driver through the exhaust opening on the other side, jam the tip in the round opening of the Tee and use it as a lever to stretch the hole. And yes, there's a possibility you'll scratch something.

If the chrome were to get scratched, I would have to discard the entire regulator!!! (Well I might be able to salvage the hoses, maybe)

Removing the chrome make it lighter....better for travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom