Green Turtle release day, West Palm Beach, FL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdandvalerie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We were fortunate enough to tag along on a Turtle release day. Aboard the Shear Water (Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures) we released 38 (9 month old) Green turtles. The head of the project was a professor from FAU, with 10 of her students. To release the turtles, we traveled out to the gulfstream, found a seaweed line and released the turtles hoping that mother nature would take over. Here are some shots:

So very cool... Let's hope they have a good journey.

Watching them swim away you can't help but think of the minuscule chance they have to 'make it'. Compared to nil if they weren't rescued to begin with it is uplifting but they just seemed so exposed out in the gulfstream. Still, considering on a later dive we saw 4 turtles (1 loggerhead, 2 green, 1 hawksbill) I guess they know what to do.

Awesome! Best of luck to them. I wish I was on that dive.

What camera did you take these with, they have remarkable clarity and are excellent. :) Well I also saw where I can order one. If you've ordered a lustre as a finish what is it like?

What camera did you take these with, they have remarkable clarity and are excellent. :) Well I also saw where I can order one. If you've ordered a lustre as a finish what is it like?

These were shot with a Canon 7d, and Tokina 10-17 fisheye, ambient light. The close ups out of the water were shot with a 60D with a 60mm macro lens. I'm partial to Metallic and Glossy myself...metallic really brings out the blue and glossy keeps the realism of the actual pic. If you order one and don't like it, shoot me an email and I'll put them in a separate gallery with a password I'll give to you so that you can just download and print how you like.

Back
Top Bottom