Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there before lunch and you had to wait in line to get into one of the scuba rooms. Got a tank and a gear bag. And yep, too busy playing with the new toys!:D

frogman_5:
Was there before lunch and you had to wait in line to get into one of the scuba rooms. Got a tank and a gear bag. And yep, too busy playing with the new toys!:D

frogman_5 was not slow to remind me that his Akona gear bag, mine and little CoolTechs all matched.... :14:

awwwww, how cute.

I got a couple new things this past week. There were a couple more I wanted but the store I was at was out of stock :( I did get a bag to carry weights in - I like it. Also picked up lil sis a few things.

Hey CoolTech how old is your boy again?

Just didn't want anybody thinking "hmm, I thought I put this in the car already...."

frogman_5:
Just didn't want anybody thinking "hmm, I thought I put this in the car already...."

Ahhhh, the reason I have my name on everything :0) I have a pen if you would like to borrow it - you must retrieve it from PaulRSE. :)

Hey peeps. Thought I would share my dive report with ya. Um I guess I should add water was like the bath (82). Viz... an awfully long way, ehhehe. Here is the rest of it. Tech - you still didn't say how old your boy was. And where is Narcosis, I wonder. I'd like lil sis to meet Tridant as they are the same age. Start them a little group. Okay I am rambling. Here is said report:

I seen an octopi displaying all of its colors this weekend. It was brilliant. Lots of bioluminesence, very cool. We turned our lights out on the night dive - wow. With the light on, you can only really see within the realm of the light. With it off, I could see forever, it seemed, once my eyes adjusted. With the bio, or rather fairy dust as Marvel and Jenny called it, it was a magical dive, at least for me. It was like flying over the beautiful terrain. As though we were fairies from neverland flying through the ocean. I found my self laughing at times in my reg Ahhhhh.

To top that off, I was given a compliment on my diving skills from a diver I greatly respect. Woo-hoo, that there alone could have made my weekend.

Sunday was a dive with an old friend of mine. The most special thing I seen that day was a SeaHare. He was huge. As big as a small rabbit - hence the name SeaHare. I didn't know what is was until I phoned a friend later that day. At first I thought it was a nudibranch on some major serious steroids, lol. Come to find out the Nudibranch and the Sea Hare are related - explains the body shape similarity.

Kind of new to diving and scubaboard... Live in Tampa Bay... Dove Blue Grotto (Is my tap water even that clear?), Hudson Grotton for my AOW course (can someone turn the lights on please?) Rainbow River, Epcot, a few reefs in the Gulf, a couple reefs in Miami, that's about it so far. My biggest problem with getting more dives in is that my only dive buddy lives in Georgia and is able to do about 2 dive trips a year. That leaves me with hosted dives/charters and that's getting old. Any groups of divers in here that wouldn't mind diving with a semi-rookie?

dgiese01:
Kind of new to diving and scubaboard... Live in Tampa Bay... Dove Blue Grotto (Is my tap water even that clear?), Hudson Grotton for my AOW course (can someone turn the lights on please?) Rainbow River, Epcot, a few reefs in the Gulf, a couple reefs in Miami, that's about it so far. My biggest problem with getting more dives in is that my only dive buddy lives in Georgia and is able to do about 2 dive trips a year. That leaves me with hosted dives/charters and that's getting old. Any groups of divers in here that wouldn't mind diving with a semi-rookie?

You found the right group to get to know.

dgiese01:

Hiya. Finish filling out your profile so we can get to know you a little better. Keep an eye on this thread. This group really likes to dive that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom