Question Spiegle Grove double dip typical dive time and surface interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was initially thinking about diving a deeper mix for the first dive, then clipping the tank (should have around ~20-30 cf left) as a stage bottle for the second dive for redundancy.
Also, just a note that if you are not diving with a guide and do want redundant air, they will rent you a pony bottle. Not a bad idea.

We did the Spiegel Grove twice with Horizon. We dove single AL80s with 30%. I think the total dive time (including ascent and safety stops) was maybe 35-40 minutes per dive. Surface interval was maybe 45-60 minutes. Max depth on dives ranged from about 95-105 feet. First day we hired a guide just for the two of us, which I think was a good idea for the first time on the wreck. We liked it so much, we dove it again a few days later -- this time on our own. Definitely a very cool dive site.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom