Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your ever in the Orlando area, World of Waters Sports usually sells their AL80's around $130. If it is a brand new tank that has never been filled, you can use it as a Nitrox tank without having to get it cleaned...or so I have been told.

frogman_5:
Hey, wait a minute..... Shouldn't this be part 5? You just did a "4" in Roman numerals...... Trying to pull a fast one on us??!!:D

:54: That is clearly a "V" to me. What is wrong with you people? :freak:

Hey guys, Just back from 5 days in the Carribean. Grand Cayman, and Calica, Mexico (next to Cuzumal). Couldn't dive, but I did snorkel everywhere I could find access. I wish the water here was as clear as it was down there! I took some nice pictures I'll post as soon as I PS them. Hope to dive again with everybody soon.

N@rco$i$:
Hey guys, Just back from 5 days in the Carribean. Grand Cayman, and Calica, Mexico (next to Cuzumal). Couldn't dive, but I did snorkel everywhere I could find access. I wish the water here was as clear as it was down there! I took some nice pictures I'll post as soon as I PS them. Hope to dive again with everybody soon.

Hi, hi, hi. We have missed you :multi:

What the heck do you mean by no diving? Please say my eyes lie to me.

Yes, It's sad but true. My wife doesn't dive and I didn't want to leave her on the Cruise ship alone, so we compromised and snorkel'd.

We actually had a good time. On one of the snorkel boats the captain (with a heavy jamaican accent) explained to all the first time snorkelers that The Tarpon looked like small sharks (??) so don't shout SHARK when you see one because he didn't want 45 people doing the "Jesus Christ" walk back to the boat. I dam near pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

N@rco$i$:
Yes, It's sad but true. My wife doesn't dive and I didn't want to leave her on the Cruise ship alone, so we compromised and snorkel'd.

We actually had a good time. On one of the snorkel boats the captain (with a heavy jamaican accent) explained to all the first time snorkelers that The Tarpon looked like small sharks (??) so don't shout SHARK when you see one because he didn't want 45 people doing the "Jesus Christ" walk back to the boat. I dam near pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

Ugh, I am gutted you didn't dive. Couldn't she have snorkeled whilst you were diving? Whatever the case I am glad the two of you had a lovely time. How are my boys? Did they enjoy their vacation?

wstein:
If your ever in the Orlando area, World of Waters Sports usually sells their AL80's around $130. If it is a brand new tank that has never been filled, you can use it as a Nitrox tank without having to get it cleaned...or so I have been told.

That's the understanding I have on the Fabers, Worthington's and when PST was selling tanks. Not sure about Luxfer, Sherwood or the other aluminums.

Welcome back Dave! I'm like you....planned on diving all week but ended up snorkeling/kayaking almost every river in central Florida.

Hint: If you keep a good eye out, stay streamlined and use Jet fins you've got the edge on most of the gators out there.

:D You don't have to outrun the gator, just your dive buddy!:D

That is why I always carry a dive knife, cut the achilles tendon and then safely swim away.

Just remember it is a big pond/lake/ocean, buddies get lost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom