Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hiya. Thought it was about time to start a new thread the other was seriously long. Further, we weren't in the middle of planning something :)

Anyone visiting for the first time - welcome and say hi! We use this thread to plan different dive trips and what not. Glad to have you here.

Hola, Miss! So I get to be the first (second) poster in your new thread!

On the tanks I guess I wasn't real clear on what I was asking, sorry about that. I just got a flyer from Bill Jackson's about their sale this weekend. They have AL80's and 63's for $124.95 which "includes visual and valve" according to the ad. I'm assuming that's not a very big markdown? I plan to get a couple of oxygen cleaned 80's soon as I get my gear back together, and was hoping someone would have some advice on how much I should be willing to pay. I don't have much of a feel for prices here yet.

Actually, $125 for an 80 is pretty good. And I can tell you it won't last, as the price of aluminum has gone through the roof in the last month.

Henry Morgan:

On the tanks I guess I wasn't real clear on what I was asking, sorry about that. I just got a flyer from Bill Jackson's about their sale this weekend. They have AL80's and 63's for $124.95 which "includes visual and valve" according to the ad. I'm assuming that's not a very big markdown? I plan to get a couple of oxygen cleaned 80's soon as I get my gear back together, and was hoping someone would have some advice on how much I should be willing to pay. I don't have much of a feel for prices here yet.

These tanks have the new valve on them. They can be standard or Din with a twist of an Alan wrench.

Regular price for tanks in the area: $149.95

O2 cleaning: $25.00 includes cleaning, VIP, stickers, O-rings and decent fill up (up to a mix of EAN36). They use a membrane system for their Nitrox banks (don't forget a boot and valve cover...lol)

Henry Morgan:

Hey that is a great price! I am finally going to get tanks - where is this BJ's?

Bill Jackson's is on US19 1/4 mile south of 49th St N or 1 mile north of Park Blvd in Pinellas Park on the east side of 19. They do my fills and really know their stuff.

It's a two-day sale at Bill Jacksons, June 3rd and 4th. I just went in there for the first time, myself, a couple of weeks ago. Look for a big wooden sign at the edge of the road, and a parking lot that's loaded with trees.

When In doubt look at Scubatoys.com and see how much they want for stuff and compare prices. Remember to figure in the shipping costs to the Scubatoys stuff

Hey, wait a minute..... Shouldn't this be part 5? You just did a "4" in Roman numerals...... Trying to pull a fast one on us??!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom