Good diving magazine, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have always thought that new divers should read the books about the real dangers of diving, those magazines that just gloss over the what really happens i find to be a bit worrysome. Maybe it would scare some people off but how many certified divers are out there who will not ever get back into the water because they were led to believe it is all perfect and totally safe. the last dive is a book i tell people to read before they even get their first lesson.

rdharbis1:
I have a brother that is showing an interest in diving and I want to encourage him in every way. I want to send him a subscription to a good magazine that would also be encouraging. What would be a good one that targets rec diving. He is not a world traveller.

thanks,
Randy

Mine will be a little over his head, but still could show what other, more experienced divers are doing.

Curt Bowen self plug for ADM

mooncat:
i have always thought that new divers should read the books about the real dangers of diving, those magazines that just gloss over the what really happens i find to be a bit worrysome. Maybe it would scare some people off but how many certified divers are out there who will not ever get back into the water because they were led to believe it is all perfect and totally safe. the last dive is a book i tell people to read before they even get their first lesson.
oh ya!!! shadow divers was awsome also!

Picked up shadow divers yesterday, damm work keeps stopping me from the reading!!

I'd recommend "Dive Magazine" it's a UK magazine.
http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/

Can't say enough, it's the best dive mag that i've ever read, light years ahead of scuba diving magazine. Serious reviews of kit and gear with an emphasis on safety. Loads of useful news. One thing I would add though is that it can be a bit UK-centric and most of the travel destinations are not the usual North American ones.

Example Red Sea, Maldives, Thailand et cetera... But is that a bad thing :)?

About 2 years ago, scuba pioneer Walter Starck started a revolutionary CD Rom dive magazine called Golden Dolphin. I believe the first 12 issues are now available in a data DVD format. Dr. Starck is based in Australia, and the scope of scuba coverage is global. It's a great format to read about interesting dive destinations and to see some of the best underwater photography and videography in the world. Havea look at www.goldendolphin.com -Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom