Good diaphragm 1st stages for DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What are some good (preferably used) diaphragm 1st stages for DIY? I'm going to take a reg maintenance class and would like the experience of servicing a diaphragm 1st stage. Bonus points to something with a swivel turret that could replace one of my MK10s.

I'd consider a new one but the dark coatings on the less expensive ones turn me off - they look like they'd get tool marks too easily (the spanner wrench holes, for example.)

Thank you :)

Apeks DST. Very versatile especially with the 5th. port. Use for back-mount singles or doubles, side-mount or stage
Isnt the HOG D1 an Apex XTX50 clone?

Isnt the HOG D1 an Apex XTX50 clone?
It is a DST clone but the OP did not want the dark chrome coating. The XTX 50 is the second stage that is usually combined with the DST but sometimes the DS4.

I'm not sure how long HOG has been around, but they are certainly not new.

Any of the old Aqualung Conshelf models.
They say AL quit making parts kits for them which I find hard to believe being that the Navy and the commercial dive industry still use that reg.
There are still tens of thousands of kits out there.
They are one of the most basic easy to work on Diaphragm regs. No turret and only one HP port though.

Back
Top Bottom