Diaphragm 1st stage regs you like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradlw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Name some good regulators that use diaphragm 1st stages
current models that parts are readily available for and probably will be for a long time.

I'm not so interested in the most super high end stuff.... but like durable and reliable.....don't care about bells and whistles either.... Simple works for me. just recreational diving, reasonable or even low budget

I'm getting the feeling that parts for my old US divers SEA/micra regulator might be getting harder to come by.... and I'm not so sure that a lot of what's around might be after market stuff that may or may not be a great fit.
I have had no complaints with this regulator but it's getting long in the tooth I suppose.

I'm a fan of the diaphragm 1st stage. Seems less likely to wear and corrode....especially a sealed one. and they are easy to work on. So just curious to get up to speed on the options I might consider

If you want a more budget-friendly 1st stage, I've been very happy with my Dive Rite XT1. That was my first regulator and I still use it (albeit these days all of my XT1s are now on stage bottles and on a sidemount setup). It's super durable and service kits are readily available.

HOG/Edge - D1x, D2, D3
Deep 6 - (DGX Gears D6), Excursion, Signature

The above are equivalent configurations between the two brands: compact turret, fixed ports, long turret
There are differing "grades" between the D6 line, differentiating performance (slight), surface finish, included parts kit/service), etc.

Both support end user service if that is of interest to you, with different models to "ensure" training.
HOG kits are available retail to the end user, manual is restricted (requires a class)
D6 manual is available to the end user via download, parts are (somewhat) restricted (requires a class)

Cant go "wrong" with the ScubaPros that @BoltSnap listed, but US prices are notably higher and if you want to do your own service, you will need to creatively source parts.

Apeks XTX200, all the right stuff plus a decent weight to help with your trim.

Back
Top Bottom