Going back to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buza831

Reaction score
# of dives
Planning on returning to Cozumel this summer and there's a great deal if we dive with Dive Paradise. I know they are a big supporter here but they don't want emails and Trip Advisor rates them low. I'm wanting to know if anyone has any experience with them and if they would recommend them?
Thanks.

Hi Buza- With the amount of dives you've got you may find yourself on a boat with 15-20 divers with 5-10 dives under their belt then again you may not. They tend to cater to larger boat rides. There are quite a few ops that run fast 6pac boats that usually can cater a little more better to the more experienced diver. My last hundred or so dives on the island have been with Scubamaucozumel. The owners are Opal and Mau. They have incredibly talented dms. The will dive your profile/gas time. Email Opal tell her Kevin sent ya. For the experience with them it is worth it. I hope you have a great time with whomever you use.

Planning on returning to Cozumel this summer and there's a great deal if we dive with Dive Paradise. I know they are a big supporter here but they don't want emails and Trip Advisor rates them low. I'm wanting to know if anyone has any experience with them and if they would recommend them?
Thanks.

since your profile says you are an experienced diver, if you go with Dive Paradise make sure to upgrade to the fast boats. They are the smaller boats, more experienced divers, no cattleboat. For you that would be best.
we did dive with DP one day, did the Cock-a-doodle-do dive with a couple of friends. It is a dawn dive followed by 2 more dives, back at dock by noon. It was good, DM was good, and it was on one of the fast boats. I would do that again, but I wouldn't do one of their big slow boats -- too many people and dive times are limited as so many are newbies.

robin:D

Cheryl and I dove with Dive Paradise in Feb. while we were in town for Carival. They were very good to dive with. We dove with them for 4 days on both the small and the big boats and enjoyed all dives. There are a lot of good operator on the Island and Dive Paradise is one of them.

Now that sounds right. Their ad says they also have small boats but I want to dive my computer, not tables. And being misgrouped on our last trip didn't go over well. Thanks again... I'll check out Scubamaucozumel

bottom time divers is a great six or less dive op. You would love Raul. Check him out at bottomtimedivers.com

I've got a lot of good information, thanks. Spoke with Opal at Scubamui. I had actually tried to find them but thought it was ScubaMAN!
Thanks everyone.

I've got a lot of good information, thanks. Spoke with Opal at Scubamui. I had actually tried to find them but thought it was ScubaMAN!
Thanks everyone.
That's still not right - it's ScubaMau. Keep trying; you'll get it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom