Glue to Cordura fabric BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, tbone. That might be one of the "$100 kit, how many would you like?" companies I'd come across.(G)
I'll retry one of the aggressive AquaSeal products after I get a chance to spend some quality time to the dremel tool and a wire wheel, which will allow me a little more finesse and faster speed than sandpaper.

Couv-
I did some mods years ago by stitching, and they've held up very nicely. Since these are on the waist and awkward to reach inside, even with the bladder out, and not highly stressed, I'd just like to try the glue route first. Also, I'm replacing what were originally semi-hard plastic plates, not fabric, so the sewing would be a bear. I'd have to literally pre-drill holes to sew through, even though I'm also using a more forgiving "plastic".

Might just be time for a sexy new BC. I'll just get a can of Krylon Hi Viz to take care of that Ninja Black Diver problem.

I suppose all-black dive gear is all the fault of Ian Fleming, dating back to when they shot that Bond film where he peels off a drysuit and steps out in a tuxedo...

Back
Top Bottom