Glucosamine Supplement/ joint health

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i recommend taking glucosamine. I've been working out for 8+ years..over the years, i put a lot of wear & tear on my joints. i haven't had as much pain in my joints since I've been taking.

I've also heard that keeping drinking more water can help the joints. Is this true?

Funny that this question came up..It is one of the many topics in this month's Consumer Reports. They have some brand recommendations as well as comparisions with prices per day and the appropriate dosage. Glucosamine has been proven to increase joint function and decrease pain in about 80% of the folks who take the right dosage daily.

You should probably be taking a calcium suppliment as well, especially if you are a woman. If you live North of Georgia you should probably watch your vitamin D as well.

Check out Consumer Reports..I love that magazine, that and Nutrition Action. Both are non-profit, research-based rags. \Bueno Suerte

Jcsgt:
I've also heard that keeping drinking more water can help the joints. Is this true?

I drink lots of water everyday. It hasn't improved my joints.

I heard an arthritis doc on the radio a few nights ago and he said to take 1500 Glucosamine and 1200 Chondriotin THROUGHOUT the day. In other words, one pill per meal. Apparently it's like calcium, can't be absorbed in high quantities.

I've been taking it now for about 2 months and can tell a difference already. My doc suggested it, said it wouldn't hurt me. He also said if you get relief within a few weeks it is a placebo effect. He stated it needs to be in your system longer for legitimate effect.

I also read online on a ortho site that it has analgesic effects similar to NSAID's.

What it NSAID's?

Jcsgt:
What it NSAID's?

Ibuprofen/Motrin and Naprosyn/Aleve are the most common.

I cant say enough good stuff about glucosamine, its made my knee pain go away...either that or its moved the pain to my wallet. Whatever, i think it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom