Glucosamine Supplement/ joint health

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have been using glucosimine for several years with great results for a wore out shoulder joint,it takes about 2 weeks to a month to get any benefit from it. if i forget for a few days to take them i can feel the pain returning,usually take 1 horse pill a day. i buy them at walmart or a grocery store. they really do work,hate to live without it,probably will need shoulder surgery one day.

Well, it's hardly a double-blind study, but.....

I've been taking it for a couple of years now. The Glucosamine/chondroitin mix. Yep, the pills are spendy, and suitable for horse-sized. But, I felt much better taking it; too many sports "incidents", and their surgeries, have built a new wing at the Reno Orthopaedic Clinic.

Anyway, I just returned from a month-long business trip overseas. Because of the hideous amount of equipment we took, I really cut back on personal stuff, like clothes and that month-sized bottle of Glucosamine.

And now that I'm home, I feel it. I really began to notice the joint stiffness about a week ago, mostly in the morning.

<shrugs> Apparently, it works for me. Wouldn't put it up for peer review, though.

All the best, James

I was reading the gov't document on eligile flexible spending expenditures. Yeah, I know I need to go diving. Anyway, if you can get a note from your doctor saying he suggested you take it, you can claim it against your flexible spending. Same policy with calcium for women. I've got a routine appt with my doc next month and I'm going to ask! What the heck, he can only say no. And besides, the tax savings would defray some of the wallet pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom