Glad to meet you. I look forward to this board.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitrox

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello, Bonjour, Namaste, Konnichiwa, etc
I have heard a lot about this board and am looking forward to sharing ideas and getting inspired by you, my fellow members.

I will begin my telling you all a little about myself in the hopes of meeting those who are perhaps similarly along their paths. Perhaps we can learn from each other and experience positive evolution.

I became a Padi instructor in 2000 in Malaysia and worked in South East Asia for 2 years diving and gaining experience. I worked for 7 months in the Philippines and there got interested in Tek. I became IANTD TEK NITROX certified in Puerta Galera and witnissed John Bennett's record dive at that time. The atmosphere on that beach was very inspiring and encouraged me to go deep, which I did, exciting times.

I bought a good deal of diverite gear on that beach which I still use and enjoy very much.

Following that I worked in Hawaii at several diveshops and dove with various University and Government divers to gain experience. I taught and got certified IDC Staff instructor (PADI) and nitrox instructor. However, I remain impressed with IANTD courses over PADI and hope to get involved in more advanced training.

I am especially interested in taking a trimix course. This is a longterm goal which I want to work up to. I am currently located in the Seattle area and am interested in getting more involved with the diving community here. I also want to dive in Canada. I have a drysuit now (shell) however I am not pleased with the thermal capacities and would like to discuss divers' opinions on how to stay warm with a shellsuit.

I have dove a lot and seen a lot of life down there. It has been a big part of my life, and I have not dove since September (5months) which is a long time for me not to splash. I must admit that I miss the warm water.

Thanks and glad to be here!!
TN

hi there! you will love scubaboard! Be careful, it is addicting.

Very glad to have you with us.

:cowboy: don

large-smiley-012.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

A warm welcome to you. Enjoyed your post very much and look forward to seeing your input here. Perhaps I'll see you at an Orca Bait event. Oh, be sure to visit the Orca Bait Forum for those of us here in the Great Northwest.

Sea ya!

Back
Top Bottom