IANTD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will second that opinion. The IANTD training materials are some of the worst written and poorly formatted that I have seen from any of the other agencies. Excellent instructors and training though.
I'll third that opinion. My IANTD instructor and course were both excellent, but the materials... I'm a technical writer by training, and the course book made me twitch.

I'll third that opinion. My IANTD instructor and course were both excellent, but the materials... I'm a technical writer by training, and the course book made me twitch.
Forth. I did Rec-Trimix with them.

I forget if it was one sentence per paragraph or one per page that was absolutely not a sentence, but rather just a jumble of words. And there were not many sentences per page....

Good instructor. Terribly written materials.

The RAID books are good.

I will second that opinion. The IANTD training materials are some of the worst written and poorly formatted that I have seen from any of the other agencies. Excellent instructors and training though.
Tom Mount. Eccentric.

I did my ccr training with 2 different IANTD instructors. The books were the worst dive drivel I’ve had to wade thru in 5 agencies worth of materials I’ve worked thru. Completely unreadable to me. My most recent ccr instructor had her own power points and written material.

I did my ccr training with 2 different IANTD instructors. The books were the worst dive drivel I’ve had to wade thru in 5 agencies worth of materials I’ve worked thru. Completely unreadable to me. My most recent ccr instructor had her own power points and written material.

Same

I have done everything with iantd, including now be an instructor for cave, ccr, trimix. Some books are now rewritten and way much better than the old ones.

I did my ccr cave instructor course with Tom Mount and I believe I was his last student, as far as they told to me, the last real dive of Tom was one of my course dives in Madison Blue Springs. Other course dives I did with Mark Fowler then.

I did three courses with IANTD with Mount. Still have the books-models for how not to write a textbook. My original LDS used to recommend that students take both SSI and IANTD nitrox as a money scam. Some young uns glance askew at those cards when I present them at a resort.

PADI went from Nitrox is evil to Nitrox is awesome really fast. Their attitude changed right around the same time they started teaching it.
The time they started teaching it or started getting paid butt tons to teach it?

I have several IANTD tech certs, mostly CCRs. I always assumed they lost their particular type of popularity due to Tom Mount diving less, and now passed away, and Joe Dituri focusing more on his Doc Deco persona thing he has going on now.

I have a few of the IANTD books that I inherited, but I don't think I've ever even opened them. Certainly weren't required for class, that would have been Bozanic or Clark books.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom