Gilboa-helicopter sinking Friday May 18- dive anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would LOVE to go but my surgeon says he wants to see more healing before i can do much besides sit on a couch. Has anyone ever died of boredom while recovering from surgery?

scubaaaronh:
I would LOVE to go but my surgeon says he wants to see more healing before i can do much besides sit on a couch. Has anyone ever died of boredom while recovering from surgery?

THAT STINKS!

It could be worse though- my dive instructor was teaching kiddie swim lessons and somehow he got talked into demonstrating the butterfly and somehow when he came up for the big gulp of air water splashed at him and somehow his eppiglotis (I'm not even going to attempt to spell check that one) didn't close in time and he inhaled pool water. The chlorine/chemicals did a job on his alveoli (also not spell checking) and he is on steroids to keep the swelling down. He's looking forward to when he can take the breath test to determine how much permanent damage was done. He may never be able to dive again...

Now THAT stinks!

eckybay:
You're not the one who forgot his weights.....:14:

What happens at the completely impromptu super-mini Fall meet n greet that no one but us knew about stays at the completely impromptu super-mini Fall meet n greet that no one but us knew about!

trucker girl:
THANK GOODNESS! I keep running into stalkers on sb- their names are Jamie, Becky and Joe. Whoops- did I say that? I think it was supposed to be a secret.

I'll have to warn you that I'm a total dork. Or was that geek. I think I was the geek of the week for a while- Becky and I had a contest.

I can vouch for Choby, he's OK. I met him one weekend year before last I believe when we showed up for some wreckdiving up in Lake Huron. As we talked, we found out we work in building right next door to each other.

Ken

eckybay:
Ohhh....Now look who is tossing around those comments. I must say, I am surprised that Joe hasn't chimed in here yet. He usually does a fairly good job at stalking me around the boards to come up with some "witty" comment to add as a response....

As for the geek/dork issue.

Yes. Completely. No contest. Both apply.

I would throw the thread hijack smiley in, but I'm too lazy to go find it.....

She's right about the geek thing. Not that I can talk too much about it, mind you. And TG--I remember that beanie from last summer. :)

It'll be cool to see it on the shallow side...no clue when I'll have the funds to do my first dive of the summer, but I'm sure I'll see it eventually...

Well... I will not be at Gilboa. Sadly. I heard from the dealership today, and the transmission in my car is being rebuilt. They say it should be done on Friday (or Monday at the latest... but if it's Monday, I won't know till Friday sometime) and I'll have to pick it up.

The silver lining... the transmission rebuild is only costing me a $50 deductible. Gotta love warranties!

For all of you that go to Gilboa on Friday... be safe and have fun!

D'oh...that sucks about your I'm stupid, ER...glad it's not costing you an arm and a leg to get done, though.

Between work and the rope rescue class there is no way I can make it up there for the sinking....as much as I would like to be there

They have a rope course at the quarry. Do the rescue class there :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom