Gilboa-helicopter sinking Friday May 18- dive anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
er and ecky- I swear... if you make some comment...

Comment? Me?:confused:

You're not the one who forgot his weights.....:14:

OK, being an old Viet Nam helicopter pilot, I MUST know what kind of helicopter it is that is being sunk.

the K

The Kraken:
OK, being an old Viet Nam helicopter pilot, I MUST know what kind of helicopter it is that is being sunk.

the K

Sikorsky H-37. The left and right nacelles have been removed. One is sitting near it, but I don't think the owner is going to put it on. Main rotor assembly is lying near by as well. It should make an interesting swim through....

Ah !!! An old Mojave . . .

All things must pass . . .

the K

The Kraken:
Ah !!! An old Mojave . . .

All things must pass . . .

the K

Well its in civilian paint so perhaps the civil designation would be more correct, but an old USAF habit to label things with military designators still persists. It is a pretty big beast! I'm interested in seeing how they get it into position. And I'm anxious to dive it.....

I was there with BladePhotog today, and Mike mentioned he is also moving the bus closer to the wall and possibly jocking the sailboat around, so I'd say only taking 3 hours to take care of business is being a bit optimistic.... however Tim Stahl's real job is crane operator and he's pretty good with this kind of stuff.

Also... FYI... there's a myspace page started for Gilboa
http://www.myspace.com/divegilboa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom