Gilboa-helicopter sinking Friday May 18- dive anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since it sounds like there will be a few folks there on Friday, I'm going out on a limb and letting you know what I'll look like:

Ever try taking a picture of yourself? Not easy. I'm wearing my surface beanie which, yes, I'll wear on Friday. So- if you see me wandering around alone and lonely- don't stalk me. Just say hi. It's what normal people do...

This is not what I look like. This is a freak:

(this is actually a good friend of mine who doesn't dive so she won't know I posted it on here... I'm warning you all- never, ever, ever let me take your picture:))

Close up of the surface beanie:

The surface beanie has been through some rough times recently. Well, okay, I rolled a scuba tank over it and busted the propeller. I performed minor surgery with some duct tape and, though one side of the propeller is heavier than the other, thus it tends to lean a little, it is almost good as new. Poor little surface beanie...

Perhaps you should get this as a replacement?

geniusbeanie.gif

trucker girl:
Since it sounds like there will be a few folks there on Friday, I'm going out on a limb and letting you know what I'll look like:

We'll C U up there. I'm in a black honda CRV. I generally park somewhere down near the steps to the platforms.

I'll look for the beanie.

So far the weather looks good for a helo sinking....

trucker girl:
THANK GOODNESS! I keep running into stalkers on sb- their names are Jamie, Becky and Joe. Whoops- did I say that? I think it was supposed to be a secret.

LOL... must I remind you that I'm really good at underwater body slams?!?! :rofl3: :rofl3: :wink:

Jchoby:
We'll C U up there. I'm in a black honda CRV. I generally park somewhere down near the steps to the platforms.

I'll look for the beanie.

So far the weather looks good for a helo sinking....

GREAT! I'll look for you (see- there's that stalker thing again). I was wondering about the weather- also wondering about water temps. I'm cold blooded but I imagine I can tough it out for two dives. I rented two tanks for Friday :)

engdiver:
So where abouts is the helicopter going to be placed in the quarry?

Talked to Mike Monday and it's going near the bus. They are going to move the bus and sailboat slightly to make room. They'll have a barge on the quarry with a large commercial compressor for the lift bags. Should be cool.

Be even cooler if we could watch it sinking. I've never seen anything that big sink from under water. I can understand why he wouldn't want any of us idiots in the water when its going down. I can just imagine how many of us would want to ride it down sitting inside :D

Still be pretty impressive, I guess this means I have to find the video camera and charge the battery.

Back
Top Bottom