Gilboa Aug 17-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula:
Glad to hear everyone got home safely. Now if we can get some sunshine to dry the gear out! Although it will be wet again soon.

Tell me about it :shakehead: My tents have been sitting in my yard keeping the grass dry :(
Ber :lilbunny:

I was in Toby during the last weekend of July. Surface temperatures varried from 66 to 68 .First thermocline was around 40-45' and water temp dropped to about 55. 2nd thermocline dropped the temp into the low 40's and was at about 70'. I dove the King and the thermoline was at 72'. The arabia - well its cold all the time (but oh so worth it). I was also talking to a friend who was on Manitoulin island and he said they had gale warnings out which he claimed caused the lake to turn over. I'm trying to get that confirmed (my friend wasn't a diver) but he did say the night temps were getting down to the 40's.

I'm headed up to Toby this weekend but most of you will be on your way up by the time I can get anywhere close to a computer to give you an update. Have fun.

ScubaMoose! Thanks for the info! Will you be around Toby next week, or are you only there this weekend?

Steve_Dives,

Sorry but I'll be leaving Toby sometime Sunday afternoon. If I had found out about you folks being up earlier I would have tried to rework my schedule but next week I'm in Illinois for work. Too bad - would have loved to get a dive in with you guys since from what I can tell you all seem to be a lot of fun.

Just an FYI for you folks as you are driving up to Toby - I'm guessing you'll be following the lake shore and if so then cheapest gas will be in the town of Port Elgin. Its usually between 15-20 cents/gallon cheaper. To give you an idea - this morning I filled up at 97.8 cents/liter which works out to about $3.50/gal in US$. Do yourselves a favour - fill up in Michigan just before you cross into Canada and then you should be able to make it to Port Elgin.

Have fun

CDNScubaMoose:
Too bad - would have loved to get a dive in with you guys since from what I can tell you all seem to be a lot of fun.

That's a nasty rumor that has been going around! :D :D

You have a good time up there yourself!

I dunno, but look innocent! Maybe we can pin this on the rabbit! :wink:

trucker girl:
2 engineers, an overworked rabbit and a truck driver. How'd we get a reputation for fun?

Who's the second engineer? I don't think Bruce is one, and I KNOW I'm not an engineer!

Now about that crack about a "no beer" group, haven't you ever tried any of my home made adult beverages?

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom