Review Getting into boating for scuba can be cheaper than you think, $5000, no need for a trailer, slip or storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we taking bets? Do I hear a "you'll get run over", or maybe a "you'll get lost at sea".

I don't know, if I lived in FL and was trying to boat on a budget this is perfect. Obviously have to wait for good / near perfect weather.. but still. (this is coming from someone who's never owned a boat)
Well, by "Current "I was sort of implying lost at sea - i.e. boat goes away from you or you go away from the boat. Neither is particularly auspicious.

Well, by "Current "I was sort of implying lost at sea - i.e. boat goes away from you or you go away from the boat. Neither is particularly auspicious.

Ok.. you take current I'll take run over.. may the best man win:D

I don't know, if I lived in FL and was trying to boat on a budget this is perfect. Obviously have to wait for good / near perfect weather.. but still. (this is coming from someone who's never owned a boat)
I can tell you, it absolutely would not be a good solution on the west coast of FL, at least for saltwater diving. Fine for lakes and rivers, but that would be about it.

FL Gulfcoast involves relatively long runs to get to dive sites. Atlantic side can be closer, but I’m not as familiar with the SFL area to comment on suitability.

I can tell you, it absolutely would not be a good solution on the west coast of FL, at least for saltwater diving. Fine for lakes and rivers, but that would be about it.

FL Gulfcoast involves relatively long runs to get to dive sites. Atlantic side can be closer, but I’m not as familiar with the SFL area to comment on suitability.

OP is in Ft. Lauderdale.... I don't have a dog in the race, so it doesn't matter.. but I know Pompano Beach the dive sites are like ~ 5 min out? On a nice calm day I would love to be able to get out on a small boat and take my time diving... but again, I'm not a boat owner, never have been. There might be stuff that I don't know about.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom