General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I can put things in perspective four you...

• This is a restricted forum. Only those who have demonstrated the right to be here are allowed. Family and friends will never see this line of discussion unless they qualify. By then, their skin will have thickened considerably and they would be able to handle the non-varnished opinions of these divers.
  • The point of this forum is to discuss ALL of the angles that pertain to Cave Diving. There are no sacred cows, or off limit discussions here. The discussions can be frank even to the point of being blunt, so that we can get down to the real issues.

Not a cave diver here, so maybe the cave instructors out there could clarify: I'd gotten the impression that most cave agencies required and reputable instructors performed a certain amount of psychological screening when certifying people. If so, then discussing how any criteria were or were not met by an accident victim wouldn't seem out of line.

OTOH, use of technical terms by non-mental health care professionals speaking mostly to other non-professionals might not be so appropriate, especially when talking about hot-button labels like "psychotic".

I didn't think the cave diving forum was restricted? This isn't the thread in the vetted Tech forum.

... and that the camera person had to be fighting that current you saw her battling with just to keep it steady.

I see on the credits that Wes Skiles was the camera man.... He wasn't exactly tiny.

my bad. Perhaps it should be moved.

:depressed:

I don't think it should be moved ... at coming up on 500 posts, everything that's gonna be said has been said unless new information comes out.

No sense closing the door at this point ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Besides, if you did, we'd have to start another "ScubaBoard Censors are working overtime again!" thread! :snicker:

I don't think it should be moved ... at coming up on 500 posts, everything that's gonna be said has been said unless new information comes out.

No sense closing the door at this point ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I didn't realized it had been moved.

"thread 1" was in Accidents forum. Can't remember where "thread 2" was. ... it sorta dissappeared.

Then the second thread basically became this thread, but I thought it was in the Deep Dixie Diver forum. Not sure when it got moved to the Cave Diver forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom