General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diverting the off-topic hijack just a bit further for some humor -

In the southeast, there is a joke that goes:

Q Why do you never take just one Baptist fishing?

A Because he will drink all your beer.

If you take a Baptist fishing.... know how to keep him from drinking all your beer?

You take a 2nd Baptist with you, and they will spent the entire time "Watching each other" to see if the other one drinks so they can tell others about it....

This leaves you all the beer. :cheers:

simple enough? :D

If he was diving there every day and not getting fills, then it would be reasonable to suspect he was stealing gas. Personally, I think that (the gas stealing) is irrelevant and a red herring at best.

I've only seen the gas stealing mentioned in passing, and had forgotten about it until it was brought back up again. Either way, irrelevant and red herring.

I haven't worried about the "gas stealing" thing.

He was working on Dive Master or Instructor or something like that through ScubaTech in Destin. Most LDS's give their 'staff' or folks helping with classes free or discounted air fills. I think that it's safe to say that he got some of his fills from them, just because he was in there on a frequent schedule with classes.

He prob got them from other places (Vortex, etc). if he didn't want to drive in to Destin from Seaside in afternoon traffic.

so kinda irrelevant is right.

Are you alleging someone locked him in?... and therefor he's in the back of the cave???

I did see mention in some old threads from 3 or 4 years ago that there was a sand bank in the champagne room that was 50' high held up by flow, and that sand slides were a concern. That would be a good argument for the metal detector going in. But I agree with others that Vortex should just be his tomb. Adds character to the place.

Unless someone locked him in, then it's all on Ben.

And when you think it through, that would still be his fault as he knew he shouldn't have been past the gate...

But let's play devil's advocate. Someone would then have to remove Ben's body, his tanks and gear without anyone noticing. Not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom