Garmin Fenix 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Saxman242,

Thank you for that, do you mind me asking what third party software you used, I had a look, out of interest but could not find anything.

Cheers

John
I used Dive IQ. Software seems to work fine and was consistent with my normal dive computer. The issues with the watch itself in a non-recommended use, however, would keep me from suggesting you explore that route any further.

Cool, shame they didn't add that functionality to the Fenix 6 though, the most advanced multi-sport tracking watch they make and they miss out Scuba. Crackers.
I would presume that the next generation descent will be fenix 6 based, but with the proper pressure sensor and sealing.

I would presume that the next generation descent will be fenix 6 based, but with the proper pressure sensor and sealing.

I just found the Diveiq site and the Fenix 6 won't read depth of further than 21 feet, I think the smartest thing to do would be to trade in my Fenix for something like a Descent or a Suunto D4 or 5.

Thanks for the advice dude.

John

You could always keep the fenix as an activity watch and choose a dedicated dive computer as well.

This was my solution. Fenix 5 covers surface activities, and I have a "cheap" dive computer. I'm a luddite and a masochist though, so I dive "gauge mode" exclusively, and don't feel the pains associated with cheap computers with less desirable algorithms.

You could always keep the fenix as an activity watch and choose a dedicated dive computer as well.

Well I was looking last night, sober thank god or I would have spent some more money lol, you can get a nice analogue dive watch with an integrated depth gauge, they look smart and would work nicely along side my dive computer, so I'm going to have a good look and like you say then keep the fenix for tracking other sports.

Well I was looking last night, sober thank god or I would have spent some more money lol, you can get a nice analogue dive watch with an integrated depth gauge, they look smart and would work nicely along side my dive computer, so I'm going to have a good look and like you say then keep the fenix for tracking other sports.

why an analog watch though when you already have a dive computer?

I'm not the OP, but here is why I wore a watch for a while, then stopped. Before my last computer upgrade, I used to like an analog watch for safety stops. For better or worse the newer computers are timing safety stops for me, so that's less convincing. At some point I also thought of a watch as backup, but realistically safely switching to tables after more than 1 dive on computer is probably not going to happen, even before I started diving nitrox.

why an analog watch though when you already have a dive computer?

It's a watch you can wear all day and it would serve as a back up so you can see how deep you are if your dive computer fails, it was just something I came across whilst browsing, I thought it was a cool consept.

It's a watch you can wear all day and it would serve as a back up so you can see how deep you are if your dive computer fails, it was just something I came across whilst browsing, I thought it was a cool consept.

but would you ever wear it all day when you are wearing your Fenix at the surface? Cool concept yeah, but what's the practicality?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom