Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just found out my mk2s (,and the normal mk2) now have a 'big numbers' feature. Havent tried it underwater yet, but looks pretty cool. The normal numbers are alsp fine for me, but i like the look of the big numbers layout as well. And for people with 'ageing eyes' it could be a real benefit!
Cool, I have not noticed the feature before. It’s strange that it’s a bit hidden, I would expect that to be straight under dive settings.

Cool, I have not noticed the feature before. It’s strange that it’s a bit hidden, I would expect that to be straight under dive settings.
Yeah i stumbled upon it when i looked for the changes in the latest updat (v.20.10?) online and saw a thread 'big numbers' and thought, what is that. And then i saw it also in my own watch. Musthave been in one of the Software updates before this one. Given the fact that many people are weary of a watchsized computer for difficulty reading i would assume thet would have marketed this more. If you buy one now i doubt the salesman will know its possible....

I'm looking at the MK2s as a daily wear, just thinking the MK2 is a little too big for me. Love to know how people find the "big numbers" on the MK2s when diving. My aging eyes just need a little help. I wasn't even considering the MK2s until the "big numbers" became an option. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'm looking at the MK2s as a daily wear, just thinking the MK2 is a little too big for me. Love to know how people find the "big numbers" on the MK2s when diving. My aging eyes just need a little help. I wasn't even considering the MK2s until the "big numbers" became an option. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Following for exactly the same reason. I’d love to see a photo of the screen in Big Number format if anyone has one. Can’t seem to find anything online.

I like them. I don't need them and normally dive r
20230625_223952.jpg
egular numbers. But big numbers gives you everything you need and really makes it easier. I use the watch on holidays or around the house for daily wear. But not in the office.

I like them. I don't need them and normally dive rView attachment 790557egular numbers. But big numbers gives you everything you need and really makes it easier. I use the watch on holidays or around the house for daily wear. But not in the office.
Thanks. Maybe a silly question, but do you know if deco ceiling and stop time also show in Big Number format. Obviously screen real estate will be restricted, but I assume it just replaces NDL. Ta

Back
Top Bottom