Gabi Loco is Open for Business!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crgravitt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Many of you will recall the news of a dive accident in Cozumel September 2011 involving a local dive master, Gabi Loco. Gabi became paralyzed saving a dear friend and fellow diver but can no longer work as a DM. Gabi has a new business and is selling authentic art made in the Yucatan in the square (across from the ferry terminal) to support himself and his family. You'll find him behind the clock tower and you'll recognize him by the same great smile he's always had and his moto! Please visit Gabi and tell your friends who may be coming to Cozumel soon, too!
image.jpg

Hey guys - just heard from Gabi that he's going to be in the same general area but the city is moving his precise location. Still in the plaza but we'll have new pics tomorrow and I'll give you all an update then!!!

Hey guys - just heard from Gabi that he's going to be in the same general area but the city is moving his precise location. Still in the plaza but we'll have new pics tomorrow and I'll give you all an update then!!!
Thanks we'll look forward to some pictures.
We will be stopping by to pick up a few items at the end of February.

Nonstop out of DEEtroit, a week from tomorrow...... :wink: Be looking for him......

I will look for him when I am there in late April and early May.

Some shopowners apparently felt threatened by Gabi opening up shop and complained. The government moved him INSIDE Plaza Del Sol (the long yellow building at the back of the square across from the ferry). This is actually better because he won't have to worry about rain but it means you have to look a little harder!

The pics below show where to find Gabi from different areas of the building. Please share this info with your friends who may be traveling to CZM soon. Gabi only has the permit for one month initially but we are hopeful he'll be granted an extension. If not, I'll update you on any changes.

Gabi loves to see his old dive buddies and make new friends, too, so please go by and say hello and check out his Mayan Treasures. There are some beautiful carvings, pottery, and statues and they're all handmade, authentic Mayan pieces! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 297
Gabi also has a Facebook page called Gabi Loco's Mayan Treasures and it's being updated frequently with photos and news!

There it is......

Attachments

• DSCF0935.jpg
    DSCF0935.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 762
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom