My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know off-hand. I'd take a 2-step approach; 1st, ask in a new thread in the Cozumel forum. If that didn't work, I'd either contact the cruise line directly, or go to CruiseCritic.com and ask in their section on that cruise line.

Richard.
I tried the Cruise Critic board and nobody is responding. The Cruise line refuses to tell you the name and that's why I'm trying to "fish" around for it.
Thanks anyhow.

I found a 2-6-17 report at Trip Advisor indicating the provider was Sand Dollar Sports Diving. A snippet from that review:

"I just returned from a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas and did a shore excursion with SDS (for the 2nd time)."

You might shoot Sand Dollar Sports Diving an e-mail and see if they're still the scuba excursion provider for Royal Caribbean.

Cruise Critic's Cozumel Shore Diving Excursion, certified scuba reviews page, scroll down to Acascocita Mom's Dec. 2017 review - "Excellent! Sand Dollar Scuba made it a wonderful dive. Our dive master Roberto and his crew were helpful, informative, and fun. First blue water dive for my husband and son was a success, so now I have dive buddies." (She was on Liberty of the Seas, one of Royal Caribbean's ships).

Richard.

Just wanted to extend a quick thank you for the time and effort you put into putting the guide together. going down in late Nov/Dec diving in Playa with Reef Quest and in Coz with 3P

Speechless - I'm in awe! An absolute huge amount of info.

drrich2....Your post goes to prove how Cozumel is not just your average Diving location. Cozumel and what it has to offer to Divers as you cover can fit many Budgets and Diving needs and wants. Excellent Coverage ! Also, on a side note...I will be updating the Arrival and Departing Cozumel Airport Sticky next year, (2019) . Not too much has changed but, some updates may be in order. Again for you drrich2, job well done !

Best Wishes, Double S

I found a 2-6-17 report at Trip Advisor indicating the provider was Sand Dollar Sports Diving. A snippet from that review:

"I just returned from a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas and did a shore excursion with SDS (for the 2nd time)."

You might shoot Sand Dollar Sports Diving an e-mail and see if they're still the scuba excursion provider for Royal Caribbean.

Cruise Critic's Cozumel Shore Diving Excursion, certified scuba reviews page, scroll down to Acascocita Mom's Dec. 2017 review - "Excellent! Sand Dollar Scuba made it a wonderful dive. Our dive master Roberto and his crew were helpful, informative, and fun. First blue water dive for my husband and son was a success, so now I have dive buddies." (She was on Liberty of the Seas, one of Royal Caribbean's ships).

Richard.
Just saw this. Will check it out. Thank you so much.
After the cruise I'll let everybody know the "secret" operator.

Just read this! Great work! We have been to Coz about 10 times. Stayed everywhere from Blue Angel (minimal accommodations, good dive op when we were there about 5 yrs ago) to Sabor and Secrets AI (very handy as you can eat anytime you want, walk on their pier for pick up, but we got sick of the hotel food very quickly.prefer the local fare. Their on site dive op is ok, big boats...). Now we always dive w SCUBA MAU. Cannot say enough good about them... just the best!

Back
Top Bottom