G260 carbon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it is actually carbon fiber. From the SCUBAPRO literature...
  • Stylish and durable carbon fiber front cover and reinforced technopolymer casing are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
  • Lightweight carbon fiber design is 24 grams lighter than the standard G260, making it more comfortable for those long diving days.
  • Carbon fiber is extremely durable, able to resist substantial bumps and shocks without damage.

I believe it is actually carbon fiber. From the SCUBAPRO literature...
  • Stylish and durable carbon fiber front cover and reinforced technopolymer casing are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
  • Lightweight carbon fiber design is 24 grams lighter than the standard G260, making it more comfortable for those long diving days.
  • Carbon fiber is extremely durable, able to resist substantial bumps and shocks without damage.

You are correct, thank you. I just got confirmation the cover is in fact carbon.

Since I’m pretty much a “D” head I haven’t kept up with all of the different models, is this a cover from an existing G model?

If you look at schematic other than the "black tech" parts, the cover assy has changed and looks like purge actuator has changed, everything else is the same including name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom