Future of OC trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friend here in the Midwest is in the midst of a CCR trimix class. He paid $10/cft for his most recent fills a few weeks back.

Edit: name of the shop isn’t important as He pricing and availability is totally random.

Friend here in the Midwest is in the midst of a CCR trimix class. He paid $10/cft for his most recent fills a few weeks back.

Edit: name of the shop isn’t important as He pricing and availability is totally random.
He could have bought the he himself cheaper

There isn’t any to be had in his local area. What don’t you guys get that some areas have very little or none? He’s investigating getting a T of his own, but it involves 10-12 hours round trip.

Last month neither supplier I used could get me any helium, and I am a long time customer. I was lucky to find a friend who had a bottle at his house that he had no use for while he was on military deployment. This past month I was able to get one bottle because one of my suppliers really put out an effort to get me one.

They are generally only giving it to the big volume users, and I don't qualify, even though I have been pretty steady for years (other then Covid). Because of my history, I was able to get one. There is no way they are giving any to anyone without an existing account.

There isn’t any to be had in his local area. What don’t you guys get that some areas have very little or none? He’s investigating getting a T of his own, but it involves 10-12 hours round trip.
I posted you a link of a company in Ohio that had t and k cylinders of uhp that is a 4 hour drive from Chicago. I drive 10 hours to do **** all the time.

I posted you a link of a company in Ohio that had t and k cylinders of uhp that is a 4 hour drive from Chicago. I drive 10 hours to do **** all the time.
What company in Ohio?

One of GUE’s pledges is a focus on conservation.

GUE Conservation Pledge

How do you reconcile the somewhat cavalier use of helium with this pledge?

Wasting a finite resource seems incompatible with conservation. Earlier use of CCR minimizes the waste.

As a bad analogy ; driving large SUVs is bad for the environment but I’m going to do it anyways cause it’s safer.

To avoid messing up the DIR thread going on and on about the use of helium and how the main agencies advocate for its use, I’m posting here instead.

One of GUE’s pledges is a focus on conservation.

GUE Conservation Pledge

How do you reconcile the somewhat cavalier use of helium with this pledge?

Wasting a finite resource seems incompatible with conservation. Earlier use of CCR minimizes the waste.

As a bad analogy ; driving large SUVs is bad for the environment but I’m going to do it anyways cause it’s safer.
So is a dive boat. The helium supply isnt nearly as dire as people believe it to be. There is roughly a 110 year supply at 2014 consumption rates just in the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom