Full foot fins: Excel vs. Superchannel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth in this discussion, my wife dives with Mares Volo Race full foot fins. They are "floppy" in the extreme. Other divers have watched her swim with them and can't believe she gets any propulsion. Personally, I am repelled by their floppiness. That said, my wife loves them and wears them for every dive. Moreover, she has no difficulty in any Cozumel-level current (we have had a couple of dives in very stiff currents). Moreover, if I'm going as fast as I can, she keeps up with no problem. So, I'm not really sure that stiffness or floppiness is better or worse. Perhaps it is a matter of adapting technique to fit a particular fin type. My wife is a better swimmer than I am, and much more efficient in her strokes. Too many variables; too few valid tests. Get what you like and chances are quite good that you will be happy with them.

Considering your advice, I think I'm gonna buy superchannels (yellow ones :wink:). Thanks mates!

Back
Top Bottom