Ft. Myers Beach Pier Clean-up October 6 (new date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dean's Dive Center is glad to provide tanks and air so you guys do not have to spend any money on fills. If you need a bottle let me know and I will have it there Saturday morning. We got big ol' tanks and little ol' tanks so I ya got a preference let me know.

The tide is high at 10:00 AM Saturday morning so your max depth will be less than twelve feet. The water temp is a freezing 87 degrees. However there are all sorts of creepy things out there in terms of hooks, and barnicles, and sting rays, and rocks, and bottles, and a gruesome Stu-in-Fla, and fishing poles, and jacks, and who knows what else. I would cover yourself up with a one mil, skin, or long sleeve t-shirt and pants to be safe.

Again, if you need a tank let me know. See ya bright and early Saturday.

I would suggest some form of biopreme, wether a wetsuit or something, I did the survey in a shorty and had no issues. You can get your tanks filled at either Deans Dive Center, Scuba QUest in Cape Coral or Underwater Explorers in Ft Myers, I will have Tokens for Underwater Explorers, for the air fills, Make sure you see me for them and I will hand them out.

I can't say enough about the LDS's that are supporting this cleanup effort with gear or airfills, and just the all around gunho attitude.

I will have parking passes for the cleanup Friday or Sat morning see me or Joy Hazell for them, remember all the good parking spots will be taken by me and who ever else shows up early.....

I will have OJ and water and possibly some fruit being provided from Sun Harvest Citrus and also from my Local Supervisor since the company I work with can't do any other donations because they already give out money to the Keep Lee County Beautiful Group. But not to worry Ya'll will be taken care of.

Someone asked me if there might be some sort of festivities afterwards, and I told her I didn't know but since the Main crew of this cleanup was being done by SCUBABOARD Peeps one never knows who may show up with RUM......
Ya'll let me know if you would like to do something saturday after the dives or that evening.

Brian, you are doing a great job!!!

I wonder, will snips be available? I don't own a pair...when Oceanwatch does it on this coast, they lend snips to volunteers.

I pretty much have to get home early Saturday afternoon but I'd be up for going to eat with y'all peeps before I head back. :)

Brian, you are doing a great job!!!

I wonder, will snips be available? I don't own a pair...when Oceanwatch does it on this coast, they lend snips to volunteers.

I have a couple of pairs I can lend out but I will be honest and say I totally forgot about em, I normally have my own and didn't think I will check and see what I can round up between now and then....

THANKS, I didn't really want to bring my kitchen shears with me, LOL!!!

I have an extra pair of snips you can borrow Debby. Matt, thanks for the tanks. I think I will take you up on the offer, if you can get me a steel 80, that would be wonderful, otherwise an AL80 will have to do.

Jenny, thanks so much! Brian is supplying tanks for me. I am looking forward to this! :)

Ok Here is the list for this afternoon, have I forgetton someone or is anyone wanting to go but haven't signed up yet???

Scuba_Jenny
DebbyDiver
Matts1w
Just Joe Bubble Watcher with kids????
Diversolo
FfestPirate
ShelliM123
Stu_in_fl
Cbulla
Paul Bayard

And myself......

I DARE you to speedo dive it! I will :)

Brian, et al, Harbor Freight and a few other stores are selling shears cheap now a days.. they aren't going to cut a '57 Chevy hood, but they'll nip a penny of fish hook. I've seen them at several stores with a max price of $5. :)

I DARE you to speedo dive it! I will :)

NO NOT ALLOWED...... UNder NO circumstances!!!!!!!!

Brian, et al, Harbor Freight and a few other stores are selling shears cheap now a days.. they aren't going to cut a '57 Chevy hood, but they'll nip a penny of fish hook. I've seen them at several stores with a max price of $5. :)

I will be stopping by there on my way home tonight to pick up a few new ones, cause Mine are a few years old and want to make sure I have some extra's..

BTW Shelli and Pirate won't be making it, Talked them them last night and they would RATHER go down on the Key West Express and party with some radio station then to come and play with us..... Just an FYI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom