Ft. Myers Beach Pier Clean-up October 6 (new date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian, I was packing my gear last night, another question: are we required to bring a flag? Please say no; mine won't fit into my teensy car.

i think he posted before that it was not needed if you kept to diving under & around the pier - if wanting to go further afield then you'd need one.

i guess its going to be too early to eat before, so hopefully someone will have good suggestions for brunch/lunch ( i get hungry after diving :) )

[well actually i get hungry all the time !]

Stu, thanks, I don't plan on straying.

And YES to FOOD after the dive!!!

At this time we will be cancelling this event and will reschedule in the next 2 too 3 weeks,,,, Stay tuned for more updates...

Oh my, I see the high surf advisory...good call, Brian. I'm sorry to miss this event, but safety is #1. Have a nice weekend.

Brian made the right call. Out my window it is rolling, rainy, and windy. Stupid tropical depressions!

Seriously the water by the pier is completely brown and vis is probaby less than one foot. Add a settling surge and 15-20 knot winds until the morning and there is just no way to get under/around the pier without the concern of being slammed into a barnicle covered piling.

Better safe than sorry. Will try to make it to the next one.

Whats the reschedule date? Do I need to wear a shirt for this one? Its getting close to October and soon november and the water gets cold.. like down in the 70s

OMG here goes the second attempt to post this....

I have picked two dates for the clean-up they are Oct 6th and the 20th. I have checked the tides for these two dates as well as a couple others and this is what I am suggesting. Oct 6th for the dive, reason being the tide will still be moving some and will offer better chance at vis, Oct 20th the tide will be in all the way and no chance of current to or a very mild current. I would rather have alittle current from a moving tide than non at all.

Ya'll let me know if you can still attend, I have emailed Joy From the Fl Sea Grant with my suggestion and will hopefully hear back from her by wed on the date....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom