Ft. Myers Beach Pier Clean-up October 6 (new date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok One last roll call....

I have,
Myself.
FFestpirate
Shellim123
CBulla????
Stu_in_fl?????
Paul Bayard, Cape Coral Scuba Quest

Still might have 2 from FGCU.
Stu you still in?????

Yeah - I'm getting my gear together tonight.. I'll be coming, but the weather has me curious right now. :)

----
0500 update - Be it the atmospheric pressure out or what, but I've got a grinding migrane that seems to have brought me out of sleep about an hour ago. It seems to be friends with my shoulder which aches like crazy to. Soo following my Body Barometer as a guide, I'm going to have to pass today, I'd be absolutely miserable. Post a report of the findings! :D

Dare I ask? Should I consider all dives lost? Have they narc'd in 12'? We're they arrested exiting the water for smuggling? We're they captured by a refugee submarine (6 innertubes lashed together and sling seats underneath for the crews heads to be held above water inside the innertubes). Rum imbibement while in wetsuits post dive and everyone fell down on gear? Sucked out to sea? Shark alley near Sanibel? Insane jewfish encounter? Inquiring migranes want to know!

ahh, yep (un)fortunately I was in Bonaire for just over a week getting back last night and just saw the PM & post that this was 2 days ago !

hope it was fun - i'm in for next year.

Well it has taken this long to recover from the LOW vis we had, I do think the weather the week before had a big effect on this weekend. Vis was about 6-8'' until you "fluffed" the bottom, had a slight current but that was good to clear the silt pretty quickly, a flashlight was a must for this dive as anything else according to Pirate was diving by brail.... we did manage to pull in about 150 to 200 pounds of trash, Had 3 people attend including myself.

We had a good time and event did the Pirates festival on the beach until the kids had a meltdown, and we came home around 2pm...

Next year is going to be better as we are looking at june timeframe and will get the notice out sooner in hopes of getting more people to attend.....

Brian, June is good and I look forward to it! Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this. :)

thanks for the report Brian. Looking forward to helping next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom