Ft. Myers Beach Pier Clean-up October 6 (new date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I will be there! A certain someone is giving me no choice. LOL

Well thats good, I am loosing people for this dive left and right, and don't know why. I thought that if we got alot of divers from SB that we could show that we are a diverse set of divers from all over coming together to help the enviroment, and to have some fun....

I will see ya there... P.S. Tell YKW that I have spoken to Ron and we are getting a answer for DM....

Brian, it's that people's schedules aren't permitting it. You worked really hard to find the a weekend when most of us could make it, then the weather was crap and you had to cancel. I'd love to make it, but I already posted why I can't. Please don't be discouraged...try again in the spring or summer of 2008, I'm sure you'll get lots of peeps!!

I don't know that SB participation is any less for this than it is for the PB County Reef Clean-up. I'd like to see more people attending both but then I just looked at the weather forecast for the re-scheduled PB date and it isn't pretty..... (at least an east wind makes it flat near shore on the west coast)

My hopes are that the forecast improves:

COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL EXTENDING FROM
20 NM TO 60 NM-
259 PM EDT WED OCT 3 2007

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET NEAR SHORE
AND UP TO 6 TO 8 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS
CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Brian, the reason I didn't sign up for the PBC cleanup this weekend is the same reason I can't do the Fort Myers cleanup this weekend. I hope it doesn't turn into a blowout for you, weathercasters can be wrong.

Brian, the reason I didn't sign up for the PBC cleanup this weekend is the same reason I can't do the Fort Myers cleanup this weekend. I hope it doesn't turn into a blowout for you, weathercasters can be wrong.

I talked to Joy about it yesterday and we are HOPING for a good day and not a blowout again, as there is another subtropical low out there. and I do hope they are WRONG IN BOTH THIS COAST AND THE OTHER....

I don't mean anything by that for those that tried with me on the first attempt, I know schedule changes and other plans take over and can't make it, trust me I know this, I have had to cancel alot of training dives due to work or other obligations, I'm refering to the rest of the 80,000 members LOL.. JK maybe

I do appreciate everyones help and have enjoyed doing them, you meet alot of new people that way, especially since your not stuck on a caddle boat and can move around and talk with people, I was hoping for more of a turnout than this, but maybe in the future. I don't think that we will be doing the beach clean up here that often as from what I did see around the pier we won't have much to clean up, but what I am interested in is away from the pier, as most fishermen are slinging their stuff way out and get caught on stuff, thats what I will be checking out while everyone else is working around the pier itself. Maybe if I find enough there we can do it next year.This area gets a good current flowing through during tidal flows that most of the stuff doesn't stay long.

We shall see. But I do appreciate those that did sign up originally and due to the weather cannot make the rescheduled date, I understand COMPLETELY.

Best wishes to ya'll and I will let you know how it turns out.

As for the LDS, they have supported this event without question, and have proved to me that they are worthy of our bussisness. Thanks to them for their help in advance....

as for anyone else that may be interested and haven't posted yet or are just finding out, please come.....

Brian Sharkbaite, I was actually writing the last post to Brian Deepstops and I didn't even stop to think that you are both Brians! D'OH!!! I'm a :dork2:.

Anyway thanks for understanding and I look forward to the next time you schedule this!

Last weekend might have worked out nice. The offshore breeze was strong and the waters were clear as a bell.. I'm not sure how it looks right now, but a little recon Friday might not be out of the question. :)

I hadn't looked at this thread prior to today because of the distance from "home." However, "home" is changing. I'm not in the area just yet. In fact I'll be packing up the Fort Walton Beach home this weekend for moving to Port Charlotte. So this weekend is out for me. But once I get settled in Port Charlotte, I'll likely attempt to to help in any way I can.

I hadn't looked at this thread prior to today because of the distance from "home." However, "home" is changing. I'm not in the area just yet. In fact I'll be packing up the Fort Walton Beach home this weekend for moving to Port Charlotte. So this weekend is out for me. But once I get settled in Port Charlotte, I'll likely attempt to to help in any way I can.

Well make sure you let us know when your here and you'll have to be added to the Fl Conch Divers roll call for South Florida http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/39161-florida-conch-divers-roll-call.html.

Welcome to the area. Make sure you keep up on all our activities and our fossil hunts in Venice Beach....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom