Freedom Plate poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats great news!! I was afraid the idea had been scrapped for one reason or another....Look forward to seeing the results!!!

thats great news!! I was afraid the idea had been scrapped for one reason or another....Look forward to seeing the results!!!

Patience my friend, patience.
Between tax time and my daughters college tuition, I'm doing the best I can with the time frame, but I will prevail.
The plates will be here soon, I promise.

Patience my friend, patience.
Between tax time and my daughters college tuition, I'm doing the best I can with the time frame, but I will prevail.
The plates will be here soon, I promise.

Is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?, is it ready yet?........:) dont worry about tax I never do and as for your daughter she could help you make the plates and earn her own tuition :wink:

just kidding, patiently waiting (sort of) :wink:

Any updates on plate progress?? When are you going to start accepting pre-orders? Are you still on schedule for an April release?

Hi Eric,
I just saw the photos of your plates and I couldn't believe my eyes. A beautiful work of art! It's exactly the same as the backplate I dove with in the 60's.
I am very interested in getting one, but I have a couple of questions:
1. I'm a big boy 350 lbs with a 56" waist. (OK, Baby
Baluga, PC be damned! :<) ) Will your plate fit me as
far as the contour around my waist?
2. How tall is the plate (base to apex) and can this adjusted
if needed? (I'm a bit weird shaped - not your average
beluga).
3. On the photo of your two happy freedom divers, the one on
the right appears to have a crotch strap - is this an
option or can it be?
4. Can the waist strap slits be made a bit wider and/ or closer
together so that the waist strap can be adjusted "on the
fly". I know this may sound like a crazy question, but as a
public safety diver, this feature is extreamly useful. Also
due to my size, it makes gearing up much easier. Right
now I am using a Zeagle
BP and harness, mainly because it has this ability (wider
slots combined with flexible webbing), but I hate
the "failure points".
5. Will type "O"ms wings fit on it OK, since I already have
this style.
I realize that these "options" if available may add to the cost, but that's OK.
Thanks in advance, and congratulations on a great product.
Best wishes,
George

Bu wouldn't two nice Freedom Plates look cool on that nifty Kat?

Mine is so shiny I no longer carry a signal mirror, I would just use the plate!

N
My buddy Evil Jeff Photoshopped Merry and me into this picture. We are wearing our Freedom plates, but they're so streamlined, you can't see them. :)
Once we get the boat, we'll have to take Eric, Jon Davies, Frank O'Donnell, Ross Overstreet and anyone else we know with a Freedom plate wreck diving and take lots of publicity shots.
BOTTOM-BOAT-2.jpg

Hey, I'm hoping to get my hands on a Freedom Plate when they come out, and I had a question about harnesses. I'm not a dedicated DIR system diver, I just want something that will hold my tank more stably than my Knighthawk. Because I teach NAUI beginner classes, my intial plan was that I'd like to be able to use it with a harness that has adjustable shoulder straps and at least a left shoulder quick release, to be able to demo the satndard ways for students to get in and out of rental jacket BC's. My plan was to use it with a new Mach V, and two scubapro-style tank straps (bad idea for something without a handle loop to set the height? I love them on my regular BC compared to the plastic cam ones).

So, the questions- would a DSS Adjustable Pro-fit harness work with a freedom plate (my tentative plan)? And, out of other non-minimalist adjustable / quick-release backplate harnesses people might be familiar with, are there any others that are crowd favorites, and even better are there any that people have tried and found to work well with a Freedom Plate? Thanks very much in advance for all help and advice.

There is no need to buy some strange Pro Fit harness doo dad for a Freedom Plate. You can install a stainless buckle release in the LH shoulder strap. You don't need one of those silly handle loops to set tank height, tank height is left adjustable for best position depending upon the particular tank and regulator etc.

I see no reason you could not use the ScubaPro tanks bands or the Diverite etc, that is what I do, what else would you use? I don't set tank height with a handle loop. Why?

I imagine the crowd favorite harness is a simple one piece Hog harness, if you must, add a buckle in the LH shoulder.

N

Does anyone know what is happening with the plates? I have been unable to contact Eric...Im hoping he's simply too busy making the plates...but?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom