Fourth Element G1 Glove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

insomnia

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Winter has come to Czech Republic and I am looking for some glove liners to protect my hands from freezing. I found my glove liners, that I bought in complete package w/ KUBI dry glove system, are not very good for cold water diving and I start freezing after 30 mins in the water (3-4 °C) and that is not good for my cave training where I need to work w/ line. I am wondering if anyone have experience w/ G1 Glove Liners from Fourth Element which can hopefully provide better thermal comfort and still good dexterity.

Many thanks for any comments

I haven't tried those specifically, all my other undies and various layers are fourth element so I can say they know cold water gear. But I started using thin wool gloves a few years back and found them to be great. They are thin and extremely warm. That being said though, 30 min seems like the right time for hands to get cold in those temps. Without electrically heated gloves I've never been able to go more than 45-60min in 2C water without my hands getting really cold.
Keep in mind that the warmer your core is the better your extremities will weather the cold.

Those are the exact gloves I've been using, starting to get a bit worn now but I've been using this pair for about 5 years.

I used the Fourth Elements for a couple of years and liked them (decent dexterity and it is nice to know you have some insulation in the event of a glove leak). I recently switched to these:
Auclair Ragg Wool Gloves (Unisex) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

They are very warm and there is no loss of dexterity in my opinion.

I had a pair of the Fourth Element liners, and they weren't all that different warmth wise from a $2 pair of GI wool gloves. What irritated me most is that the seam between the thumb/index finger split on both gloves after maybe 6 months of use.

Sticking with wool...

Back
Top Bottom